[Ukrainian] Translation is ready for release

With the help of @Bohdan and @moi_kot_lybit_moloko, the current version of the :ukraine: Ukrainian translation is finished. @sledges @flypig I would like to request to add it to the next release if it’s possible. I could prepare an actual RPM package if I have to. The one on openrepos.net is outdated.

14 Likes

Thanks @nemishkor for your and @Bohdan’s amazing work. I think @sledges is the right person to handle this.

Is that correct @sledges, or do we need to let someone else know?

3 Likes

This is amazing!
I’ve been testing this on device and got a couple of comments.

The string does not fit under the Top menu switch (on Xperia 10 III), suggestion to shorten it to “Місце”.

Flight mode

The string does not fit under the Top menu switch, suggested to shorten it to “В літаку”.
And these are for consistency: here and here.

Keyboard

I’ve also tested available keyboard. Are you happy with it? I’d suggest to move the Hryvnia symbol out from the accents of Г to replace the generic currency symbol ¤.
Will then integrate it internally and prepare for the next release together with translations.

7 Likes

Hello @sledges, I agree with all the suggestions, including the suggested ₴ symbol position. Yes, would be great to have it instead of ¤.
Thank you!

2 Likes

@sledges Is it possible to keep the Hryvnia symbol as the accents of Г and replace the generic currency symbol ¤ with it?

Yes, we made the that change now.

@sledges Should users delete the package Unofficial Ukrainian language pack | OpenRepos.net — Community Repository System before updating the OS?

My memory is vague but the OS update should ignore file conflicts and overwrite them with official translations. User can then uninstall the unofficial package at a later time, preserving the important contents.

Also recent change to update might ask you to uninstall the unofficial one prior to the update. Could you please test this with the 4.5.0 Early Access update that has just been released?

I’ve tested the new release. Upgrade works completely fine with the preinstalled package before

4 Likes