Twitter feed tweets are trimmed

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 100%
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 4.3.0.12
HARDWARE (XA2, X10, X10 II, …): XA2 H113
UI LANGUAGE: English
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): No - this goes back to Sailfish OS 3

DESCRIPTION:

The tweets in the “Notifications” area are trimmed:

EXPECTED RESULT:

Tweets should not be trimmed.

3 Likes

You are referring to the “…” at the end and it not shoing the full text?
Pretty sure that is by design.

It might be nice maybe to have to option to show the full ones, but IMO notifications should not (be able to) eat up all the space in the Notification View.

So this is more of a feature request than a bug.

Yes, I was referring to the “…” at the end. I updated the issue to a Feature Request.
Anyways, if anyone knows a workaround for this, maybe some QML file that needs to be changed somewhere, would be of great help. It’s very annoying not to be able to read the whole tweet.

The space in the Events view is not limited, and either way tweets don’t count as notifications.

I believe Jolla actually fixed this a while back to make the tweets longer, but then Twitter doubled the character limit for tweets and now the tweets in the Events view are too short again.

The trimming is a bit ridiculous, because every tweet that gets cut off gets a full link to the tweet added to it, which actually makes it take up more space than it would have if it hadn’t been cut off.

You can lok around in /usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/notifications/ and /usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/eventsview, but careful, messing around in these locations can make Lipstick not start, or show a black screen!

Interesting.

Not sure what the Twitter View/Items are using, but if it were something like a LinkedLabel, links would automatically get shortened.

Ah so the correct way of handling that would probably not to display the link, but use it as a target when tapping the item instead.

The thing is, tapping on the tweet itself already opens up the browser pop-up, so that extra link that gets added to cut off tweets is especially useless.

2 Likes