Turn off WEA government emergency alerts

Today Italian government is testing Emergency Alerts via Mobile Network.
I see both Android and IOS have an option for deactivate this messages reception. On Sony forum there are no informations about codes foe handling this. Should we add this function?

I’m not sure you’d get the message even if you wanted it. In Tuscany we had this test last week; my Sailfish phone did not get the message.

Yes, sorry to not have mentioned it in the first post. I’m in Calabria, I received the “alert” screen (the message has not been stored, same of IOS and Android). I personally don’t want to deactivate the alert reception, but I wonder how to do in case someone wants.

1 Like

Emergency alerts don’t work on Sailfish. I fail to see why you’d ever want to disable them.

1 Like

In germany they do work, albeight without sound

You can see the screenshot of the message received by xperia 10 ii with sfos 4.5.0.19

2 Likes

For me it did not work in Germany (Xperia X).

For me it worked in BW with sound also. Also in Romania it worked.The alarm is quite loud on my 10 II.

In Apulia we had the IT-Alert on September 14th, but my Xperia 10 III with SFOS 4.5.0.24 and VoLTE enabled didn’t ring and didn’t show anything.

Today my parents with android and ho mobile both received the alert, message and sound. I didn’t receive anything on my xa2 with sailfish with same carrier, but was sleeping so phone was turned off at the time (we’re in abruzzo)

wonder if anyway the alert can turn your device on (at least with android)

1 Like

Well if your phone is turned off, the modem within the phone is probably also turned off, so there’s no device to receive the broadcast message.
As SailfishOS does not even manage to wake up your phone when an alarm expires, I doubt, that it’s able to keep your modem in operation while the application processor and other peripherals are switched off.

2 Likes

Good news that the “emergency alerts” don’t come into Sailfish …
I’ve survived fine without them for decades and I’m not interested in what they have to say.

2 Likes

Never had any alert/test alert.
Do they even exist in France?

It seems in France it has been implemented since last year. See FR-Alert in EU-Alert - Wikipedia

1 Like