Tracker stop working periodically

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 60
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 4.1.0.24
HARDWARE (XA2, X10, X10 II, …): X10 II
UI LANGUAGE: English
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?):

DESCRIPTION:

Galley doesnt show the media periodically, and I found tracker log show some error

Xperia10II-DualSIM tracker-miner-f[6188]: Could not execute
sparql: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.Tracker1.SparqlError.Internal: UNIQUE constraint failed: nie:DataObject.nie:url
Jul 01 20:25:08 Xperia10II-DualSIM tracker-miner-f[6188]: g_file_hash: assertion ‘G_IS_FILE (file)’ failed

Restart tracker-miner-fs, then works again

PRECONDITIONS:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

EXPECTED RESULT:

ACTUAL RESULT:

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc…)

Try this to narrow down the issue (/usr/libexec/tracker-extract -v 3).

Interesting! This looks like it’s related to these reports: Media index not updating - Xperia X and media index not updating - Xperia 10 II

I’ve been experiencing this sort of trouble too but it doesn’t seem to be a 4.1.0 regression.

On a bright (or should I say adventurous) side, tracker is getting upgraded, not for this release though. Hopefully, that’s going to make things work better. Or it could get even worse, you never know before you try :slight_smile:

it mostly happened.when i unlock and lock my sdcard, after i move some media from internal storage to sdcard

In 4.1 it feels worst than what it was for 4.0. Pics videos and documents don’t appear fast as they used to. Granted my phone also moved to a newer adaptation but i doubt this matters.