[Top menu] French translation

I suggest following changes because it has the same signification and is shorter :

Currently Suggestion
Données mobiles Données
Lampe de poche Torche
Positionnement Localisation
Ne pas déranger ¹ Ne pas gêner
Accéder au paramètres du menu supérieur ¹ Paramètres du menu supérieur ²
Ouvrir les paramètres du menu supérieur

¹For the two last one, I’m not totally satisfied and there are just present because they take less space on screen :slight_smile:

² I think it’s not necessary to use a verb. Logically you know clicking on this area will open that

1 Like

Hello @pherjung
Hello all sailors,

For “ne pas déranger” i really prefer “ne pas déranger” :slightly_smiling_face:
For “Acceder au paramètre du menu supérieur” your two propositions are ok, may be with a preference for “ouvrir les paramètres du menu supérieur”.

2 Likes

It may be worth proposing some of these changes to the source strings instead of just the French translation. For example, for the last one, I think all languages could benefit from shortening the source string to “Go to Top Menu settings”. Perhaps @sledges could also offer some insight.

1 Like

agreed - please mage a suggestion on translate.sailfishos.org and I’ll look at that

1 Like

Thank you for your comment. I wrote suggestions for French.

1 Like

“Go to” is fairly short when written in English. There are many situations like this when a translation ends up being too long to fit, and then gets shortened without changing its meaning.