Tooter Feedback Thread

And immediately introduced a new bug :slight_smile: Not tragic, but if you click on a # or user the search works as expected BUT the text entry box isn’t updated with the search term! ah, well.

Dam it. Every fix I make, I seem to introduce a bug. Version 1.1.5 fixes a bug which prevents … tooting. Sigh. I suck. It’s up on github coming to a chum, near you.

Announcing 1.1.6. This release addresses:

• a small timeline bug
  • updates the FilePickers for uploads adding video/audio files
  • The image upploader class had hardcoded mimetype. I’ve generalized it to upload any file type.

So, now you can upload ogg files to the fediverse.

EDIT: it seems chum / obs is stuck on some builds but @molan has kindly uploaded to openrepos and, of course, there are the builds on github …

3 Likes

Is there someone out there with the same issue?

The notifications where shown only partially inside the app.

Do you mean updates from chum?

Yes, I’ve installed Tooter via Chum.

Is it still not installing correctly?

Install works fine for me. The only issue is currently with the notifications tab inside the app. I’ve sent you a screenshot via Mastodon.

Thanks! I’ll go look at that! EDIT: Empty notifications. · Issue #28 · poetaster/harbour-tooter · GitHub

If anyone else is seeing ‘empty’ notifications with proper timestamps but otherwise no content, please leave a note. Since I don’t experience this, it’s a bit difficult to test for. But I can enable some flags to produce some log output for notifications.

1 Like

I have found an empty notification with just an @ and a time stamp, but upon rechecking today it has disappeared. Checked with Tusky which has no entry for that time stamp. The plot thickens…

Found out that the empty notifications are coming from accounts where I set up notifications for new toots.

Ok, I think this is probably the same issue that obtains for bookmarks where you have to extract the max and min ids from a header. I haven’t implemented them everywhere (bookmarks, tag search, @ search are done) and notifications obviously not. I’ll re-prioritize (was on deduping conversations)…

Anyone else having trouble loading anything on Tooter today? I’m on fosstodon and when i open the app i just see the Ambience background and thats it.

I’ve tried leaving it to see if it loads but nothing, was working fine yesterday.

It works fine on my side. I’m on tooting.ch

That explains it, only managed to get on browser version for a moment

About the empty phantom notifications, I could recently relate them to follow requests I receive, it’s the same time stamp.

Thanks! The follows mechanism, among others, isn’t implemented so I’ll add this observation to the ticket which exists. EDIT: It’s two tickets. One for implementing the allow following and one for the notifications. #7 & #28

1 Like

Just for fun, I modified the the authentication flow to use Amber Web Authorization. The very much WIP POC is at GitHub - vige/harbour-tooter at amber-web-auth. If you think what I’ve done makes sense, I can clean up the code and create a PR.

9 Likes

Ah, that was on list! I’ll go have a look, now!

Looks good! That will allow me to remove the python workaround and it means that the app has no ephemeral or otherwise access to passwords. I think it’s a net plus for users. So, yes please, submit a PR!

3 Likes