Tooter Feedback Thread

I have found an empty notification with just an @ and a time stamp, but upon rechecking today it has disappeared. Checked with Tusky which has no entry for that time stamp. The plot thickens…

Found out that the empty notifications are coming from accounts where I set up notifications for new toots.

Ok, I think this is probably the same issue that obtains for bookmarks where you have to extract the max and min ids from a header. I haven’t implemented them everywhere (bookmarks, tag search, @ search are done) and notifications obviously not. I’ll re-prioritize (was on deduping conversations)…

Anyone else having trouble loading anything on Tooter today? I’m on fosstodon and when i open the app i just see the Ambience background and thats it.

I’ve tried leaving it to see if it loads but nothing, was working fine yesterday.

It works fine on my side. I’m on tooting.ch

That explains it, only managed to get on browser version for a moment

About the empty phantom notifications, I could recently relate them to follow requests I receive, it’s the same time stamp.

Thanks! The follows mechanism, among others, isn’t implemented so I’ll add this observation to the ticket which exists. EDIT: It’s two tickets. One for implementing the allow following and one for the notifications. #7 & #28

1 Like

Just for fun, I modified the the authentication flow to use Amber Web Authorization. The very much WIP POC is at GitHub - vige/harbour-tooter at amber-web-auth. If you think what I’ve done makes sense, I can clean up the code and create a PR.

9 Likes

Ah, that was on list! I’ll go have a look, now!

Looks good! That will allow me to remove the python workaround and it means that the app has no ephemeral or otherwise access to passwords. I think it’s a net plus for users. So, yes please, submit a PR!

3 Likes

And Tooter 1.1.8 with Amber Web Auth is in the QA in harbour and waiting to make it to chum. @molan can you update openrepos! The build is also available on github. Thanks @vige !

3 Likes

Quite strange, I updated the Chum version and I had to connect once again and open a tab on the browser. Installed version is 1.1.8-20.1.jolla. It sounds strange, is it?

Yes, that does sound a bit strange. I just updated my daily device from 1.1.7-1 to 1.1.8-1.20.1.jolla and I did not have to login again.

It shouldn’t open any link to grant access, right?
I removed local and cache files and installed Tooter again, but it keeps trying to open a link with the browser to grant access.

The new version isn’t in Chum proper yet? Are you on Chum testing? If you’ve removed the local .cache .local files, you’ll have to log in again. But that’s a good test of the new Auth mechanism:)

EDIT: if you HAD logged in a session could still be open and it might show you the ‘Grant Access’ screen and NOT the original login-mask. I’ve seen that a couple of times and it made me nervous too. But it’s fine. Although, I think it shouldn’t happen.

Yes I am. So why isn’t Amber Web Auth used?

It probably is :slight_smile:
irc it is :slight_smile:

Right, now it all makes sense. Since you removed Tooter’s config, you need to login again. But since you are already logged in in the browser, you just need to grant access.

The fact that it opens the browser and not just a webview proves that it’s using Amber Web Auth.

2 Likes

I actually confused Amber View and SailfishWebView