Threema Push Notification

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 100%
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 4.4.0.58
HARDWARE (XA2, X10, X10 II, …): X10 II
UI LANGUAGE: German
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): Yes, since 4.3

DESCRIPTION:

I turn off my phone during the night. On every reboot I get a notification form Threema about their push policy. This is new and since 4.3. I am not entirely sure if this is caused by the SFOS or Threema. I did an update on both at the same time. Threema is in version 4.71.

PRECONDITIONS:

Threema Push information should only be shown once and not on very reboot.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Turn off the phone
  2. Turn on the phone again
  3. Wait a few minutes

EXPECTED RESULT:

Threema Push information should only be shown once and not on very reboot.

ACTUAL RESULT:

Notification pops up

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc…)

Do you have a source for that?

To be fair. I do not know that for certain but it is a general information that I get. The information is about that push is working in the background and so on and so forth. I expect that this is an information to show up after an updated. After confirming I would expect that such an information is not showing up again.

So you activated the new Threema-Push service (which is a nice feature to substitute Google Push service for Threema). When you click on the notification it is written, that on Android this persistent notification is necessary to keep the push service running in the background. So it is intended to have this persistent notification.

3 Likes

I did not change anything on the settings. I am using Threema since day 1 with the same settings. I will check the notification more close to see if I need to change something.

Perhaps Threema Push replaced the Threema “Polling” (poll every x minutes) by default with the latest update, if taht one was used before. Therefore it could be, that you had not to change any settings to use that feature with the latest update?!
BTW: General information about this features can be found here: Threema Push: Instant Notifications without Google Services - Threema

1 Like

Oh this really is a feature and not a bug. This post explains how to get rid of the permanent message.

Hide persistent notification and icon in status bar

After you have enabled Threema Push, a notification entitled “Threema Push” along with an icon in the status bar will appear. To remove both, disable the “Threema Push” notification channel: Navigate to Android’s notification settings for Threema (e.g., “Settings > Apps > Threema > Notifications”), and turn off “Threema Push.”

For SFOS you can find the settings at

Settings > Apps > Threema > Android(TM)-Settings > Notifications

This can be closed.

5 Likes