There is NO way this update was tested. Nothing hardly works

Well, that’s not me complaining.

is there NO way to shut up that zombie thread ?

oh there is: found the mute button

5 Likes

Why zombie?
I bet the 4.4 will not be any way better than the previous ones, but I personally hope Jolla has read the thread or has learned something: more testing before release.
In fact it is not even officially out and complains already started

2 Likes

That is a totally new aspect. Thank you for your surely much appreciated contribution.

2 Likes

Its not… I.have the same bugs plus one more. If I set the phone to prefer 4G.it will not make or receive calls.

it can send and receive text but I can get to the forum when preferred 4g.

calls can only be made when using prefer 3g.
sms will not reopen if you close it.

The phone really hard to work with. I I knew how to reset this phone to use Android i would.

1 Like

For now I do not plan to upgrade.
I hear of new problems, so … may be I skip this one.

As I said I hope Jolla starts testing more properly before release, but if not - I have people like you who would install and hopefully report the issues here.

1 Like

I am afraid, I normally do not have much to report although I use my phone as a daily driver. I don’t install EA releases, I do not mess around with the system, refrain from patches etc.
I just use my XA2 as a phone, for navigation, Threema, Signal, Telegram, Email, web browsing, etc.
When a new system release is published I press install and that’s about it. Works.

3 Likes

Not same experience here. I also do not install EA, but things do not work properly as mentioned earlier in the thread.

Honestly I am shocked its just this bad. Not only don’t they test for bugs…they just don’t seem to care about the user’s user experience .

the os was never this bad a couple of years ago.

could my hardware just be broken? My.phone becomes practically not usable if I close the message application. It starts draining that battery at a rapid pace unless I reboot it.

or if I use the utils and click rebuild application registry. I sould not have to do that.

if i do that the phone pretty much reboots but if I open the message and and close it, the phone again starts rapidly draining the battery (it gets pretty warm) so I have to reboot or do that reset application registry again.

So if i want the phone to work normal I have to either not open the message application or If i open it i.have to leave it open all day. Its pure insanity.

The switching to 4g thing is just nuts so I just stay in 3g mode.

the OS is getting worst…bordering on unusable.

For the OS version 4.3 I felt the complaint was being a bit harsh but having upgraded to 4.4, I wholeheartedly agree. I’ve been away for a few days and when travelling on a train I connected it to the train’s wifi. Fine. Except that when I got to the hotel, it wouldn’t connect to the hotel’s wifi as it wouldn’t disconnect from the train’s wifi. So I rebooted. Except that it wouldn’t. It wouldn’t fully power-off. It just sat there with a red LED glowing. With the trick of holding both volume buttons and pressing the power button I get it back working. On the train home today, it wouldn’t connect to the train’s wifi as it wanted to stay connected to the station wifi. So another power-cycle. I then received a text sent yesterday morning! But all the time this thing has supposedly has 4G connectivity as I’ve been in the centre of London. I can but agree that it’s bordering on unusable.

With the failure to properly update to 4.4 I went back to v3.2 and did all the upgrades to bring it up to 4.4 so there can hardly be any complaints from Jolla that the thing has been contaminated with other software and that’s what causing the problem. I don’t believe it is. I think the whole os is now degrading so rapidly that I’m seriously thinking of jumping ship. I have a couple of apps of my own and they work just fine with no sandboxing needed. I have another app which did need that but at least I can get all the data out.

I think the next thing for me will be to see if I can port my own apps to an iPhone.

I started to get p*ssed off with Jolla with the defaultuser stuff. With each update some other stuff has been introduced which just seem to screw the phone up even more.

The software held so much promise. Sad that it’s come to this.

4 Likes

What device are you using?
I know that WiFi problem - not from my Xperia 10 ii with SFOS 4.4 though but rather from my iPhone X running iOS 15, strange …

It’s an Xperia X Model F5121 (Single SIM). I did try restarting the network subsystem today in an effort to fix the wifi problem without restarting the phone but all I got was a spinning hourglass which didn’t got away so that meant another power-cycle.

I still have an old Xperia X and I will check whether I can reproduce the issue with the Xperia X - I do not have the problem with the Xperia 10 ii and apparently also not with XA 2. Since the latter is my back-up phone at home, I did not really use it yet in different Wifi environments

Yeah when I started this thread I was not doing it to attack the team.

It was to alert them that something has gone really wrong with their project.

maybe their focus is on something else because itsits clear they dontdont givegive aa rip aboutabout reported problems spanning multiple users and phonephone hardware.

see all that double type isis still herehere in thisthis verversversion asas well. Jhc

1 Like

I am done with it. This is the end. Enough painful flattering, unsuccessful efforts. Sony Xperia X, WiFi dying all the time, 5 reboots per day, no help from anywhere. Android 4 support is useless, nothing works, no updates in sight… Camera is crap, sound is crap. I can take a lot of punishment, but if the OS does not it’s job it is crab.
Good luck everybody…

1 Like

Why do you have Android 4 on Xperia 10?

Good morning everyone,

as part of the bug triaging process mentioned in the meetings and on the forum we are trying to figure out what bugs on the forum are already fixed and what still needs to be tracked internally by Jolla. This bug doesn’t sound very actionable. It is not quite clear, what the actual issues are and plenty of it seems to overlap with other reports.

Is it okay to you, if we label this as offtopic/not actionable/fixed something like that and you write clear, focused and actionable bug reports for any issues you don’t consider fixed (and an appropriate, factual language and tone), so that we can track them? I don’t really know what else to do with this.

Thank you for you understanding.
Nico, (low activity) member of the bug squad

9 Likes

There are two concrete things mentioned which are duplicates: 1. delay/failure of outgoing call. 2. MMS send failures.

This should be marked duplicate and perhaps a couple of links added at the head.

2 Likes

Following @KuroNeko’s suggestion, I’ve moved this out of the Bug Reports category and into General, where it feels more appropriate.

@KuroNeko: will that be enough to avoid it getting caught in the bug tracking net?

‘Sony Xperia X, WiFi dying all the time’

Happens with Android also. The phone is toasted. It overheats at some point and it will misbehave. I know, I have one.

1 Like