The Single Volla Thread

No, that’s why I asked. Thanks!

Early adopters can try this build of sailfishos on the volla tablet Release release-devel-5.0.0.68-alpha08 · HelloVolla/sailfish-release-halium-mimir · GitHub

5 Likes

Does that work with the tablets multi boot option?

No, its a complete wipe of the device

User downloads for the Volla Tablet are now available here user · Releases · HelloVolla/sailfish-release-halium-mimir · GitHub and in the link on the thread.

6 Likes

Quintus user flashable image also updated to 5.0.0.68

9 Likes

V22 repos updated to 5.0 style, and user builds flash to 5.0.0.71

5 Likes

X23 repos updated and new flashable images available. Fingerprint fixed, still no camera.

See the discussion link for edits to the repo file.

7 Likes

The 5.0 configs for Phone 22, X23 Quintus and Tablet are updated with fixes for hardware codecs. Video playback should work better in eg Sailpipe.

9 Likes

Quintus and Tablet updated for 5.1.0.11. Fixes included for GPS and Mobile Data connection

6 Likes

Hi, as a new Sailfish user (Jolla 2026 Batch 1), I’m still looking for an alternative to my iPad. I’ve come across Volla and Xiaomi on the forum.
Does the Volla port support the keyboard and stylus?
Which of the Volla OS variants is the best starting point for flashing?
Many thanks in advance.
Translated with DeepL

The volla port supports the keyboard, cant comment about the stylus as I dont have it.

Flashing is quite straight forward

2 Likes

Thank you for the positive feedback. I’ll order the stylus as well. According to the Volla website, it’s only supported to a limited extent on Ubuntu Touch – I hadn’t noticed or read that before :grimacing: Sorry for the question. The USI 2.0 technology requires both hardware and software. Thanks again for the port.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your kind donation.

3 Likes

Any plans for a Volla22 update? Thanks!

Okay, after I got my Jolla Phone now I feel it’s time to also get the Volla Tablet on SFOS. But: how? In th repo there are just compressed downloads - so where can I find any information how to flash the tablet? Or are these included in the downloads?

1 Like

Maybe this ist usefull.

Volla X23 repositories updated for 5.1, with support for new hardware

Is an update to 5.1 something we might expect for the Volla 22?

1 Like

Yes, just hit a problem with a new kernel build. Ill let you know when ready!

2 Likes