The Nextcloud Talk client for Sailfish OS thread

Just tested in 4.5 on X10ds, created a new account (using an app password) and that is working fine.

Restarted the app, I get 1 sqlcipher prompt, but then nothing (no conversations showing up).

Journal sais:

Feb 09 08:16:47 PGXperia10 sailfishsecretsd[7033]: [W] unknown:0 - QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection 'nextcloudTalk' is still in use, all queries will cease to work.
Feb 09 08:16:47 PGXperia10 sailfishsecretsd[7033]: [W] unknown:0 - QSqlDatabasePrivate::addDatabase: duplicate connection name 'nextcloudTalk', old connection removed.
Feb 09 08:16:47 PGXperia10 sailfishsecretsd[7033]: [W] unknown:0 - "Query failed: file is not a database Unable to execute statement\n\n PRAGMA journal_mode = WAL;"
Feb 09 08:16:47 PGXperia10 sailfishsecretsd[7033]: [W] unknown:0 - Failed to configure secrets database: " " : "\n PRAGMA journal_mode = WAL;"
Feb 09 08:16:47 PGXperia10 sailfishsecretsd[7033]: [W] unknown:0 - Failed to prepare existing database - closing: "/home/nemo/.local/share/system/privileged/Secrets/org.sailfishos.secrets.plugin.encryptedstorage.sqlcipher/nextcloudTalk.db" " "

then it seems we have a regression.

Got to say I have not had time to look into this for private reasons, and so I am also on 4.4. The observations so far state an issue with SailfishSecrets. Maybe something changed there between 4.4 and 4.5. In know there are some other apps also making use of it (e.g. Storeman). Maybe there are already some findings. In the moment i am totally out of sync and have to do some tests and research, as much as time allows.

Latest Nextcloud Talk client did not work with more the one account :thinking:.
After an update of the client (and SailfishOS) i tried to use the Talk client again - i didn’t use it for a few month :innocent:.
But i did not see my old chats and so i delete both account i have created earlier (and witch worked before).
Setting up the first account and looking for the chats i see the old chats. But when i setup the second account (with a different user and server) the chats of the first account vanish and the chats of the second are also not visible.
I tried it multiple times with different setup order but the result is always the same. The chats of the first account are visible but setting up the second all vanish :roll_eyes:.
Did anyone have second accounts working on SailfishOS 4.5.0.19 and the latest Nextclound talk client?

Many thanks for any help

Did you ever have a chance to revisit this?

The problem is still on 4.5.0.24 :face_with_raised_eyebrow:. I did not see an update for the Talk client since my latest message …