The Nextcloud Talk client for Sailfish OS thread

harbour-nextcloud-talk

available from OpenRepos, project at https://codeberg.org/blizzz/harbour-nextcloud-talk

In it’s current stage it is an chat-only client. Development might not appear fast (especially during lock down…), but halfway steady.

When I started it, there were too many Android apps running and my phone, and decided to take a decision: away with them. It felt pointless to have a nice mobile OS, but using software from a different platform, because of lack of native ones. Using and relying on Android would not help that situation. To fill a gap, I started working on this, scratching the famous own itch.

There’s still some things to polish, improve and extend.

15 Likes

Thanks for your work on this. I’ve been using it since a recent upgrade of my server to use Nextcloud; keep the updates coming!

3 Likes

I’ll just copy my thoughts/comments from Openrepos.net here:

Notifications work partly: nessage and blinking led, but no sound (XA2)

How to start a new conversation from within the app? Didn’t find anything to do so…

When restarting ngfd does not work to get sound working… well i got some doubts about the ngfd configuration i provided. Sadly there is not much of documentation about it. I need to play around with it some more, stay tuned.

Not implemented yet :speak_no_evil: