The gallery does not work correctly and the management (gestion?) of the pictures is strange

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 100%
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 4.3
HARDWARE (XA2, X10, X10 II, …): X10 Plus
UI LANGUAGE: French
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): Yes

DESCRIPTION:

The gallery does not show any more the new images on the device. This problem happens when a picture is done with the camera and the classic function, but, strangely, a photo made with the selfie function is visible in the gallery. This problem happens also with pictures transferred on the device by Bluetooth (tested with jpeg and png pictures), with the files stored on the memory of the device and also on the SD-card. Changing the place where the new image is stored (device > SD-card and SD-card > device) works randomly, and when it works, some pictures are much darker then the picture on the PC. A reboot of the device does not change anything.

PRECONDITIONS:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Take a picture with the camera or transfer a picture by Bluetooth
  2. Open the gallery
  3. The new picture is not visible with the gallery. The visualization works with a file browser.

EXPECTED RESULT:

The new picture should be visible in the gallery.

ACTUAL RESULT:

The gallery shows mainly the files on the device before the last update of the OS.

Probably the same issue as this one?
Try to deactivate images in account settings of cloud services, such as dropbox and nextcloud. It seems tracker has issues when indexing images stored in the cloud.

Thank you for the answer, but I do not have any cloud service account configured on the device.

I just try a new thing with the camera. Until now, in the camera settings, the detection of QR codes was activated. I deactivated it and the new pictures made with the camera without the detection are now visible in the gallery.

3 Likes