The FxTec Pro1x thread (qx1050)

This thread if for discussing the FXTec Pro1x port and for me to post progress.

Current progress is pretty good. I think some people are daily-driving it, and there is a healthy community on the FxTec discord.

Current dev builds are available on the “porters ci” at Pipelines · sailfishos-porters-ci / halium-qx1050-ci · GitLab , these are not end user “test” builds, but theyre pretty stable.

10 Likes

Interested in this hardware here - any list of working / not working features?

Thanks for your work on this!

L.E. Found Issues · sailfish-on-fxtecpro1/droid-config-halium-qx1050 · GitHub

I can confirm daily driving this happily since weeks. Thanks for the awesome work.

@vlagged, I don’t want to start this thread with a link to another, but in addition to the Github repository, you can find here a community thread on the F(x)tec forum with a list of working/non-working features that I’m trying to keep up to date, and other users are posting tweaks every now and then.

5 Likes

Update of halium-android-rootfs (mostly) fixes video playback issues. Just zypper ref/dup to get it.

5 Likes

Hi

I’m not sure this is the right place, but I have found some problems on the Pro1x:

• MTP is non functional, whenever i select the MTP usb connection it just says charging.

• Now and then the phone freezes, sometimes it just does not wake up from sleep or react to anything other than long press of the power button, at other times it just stops functioning while in use, the red led turns on and never turns off until long power button press. Some times I believe the freeze happens when a SMS arrives, as a new SMS often is shown as having arrived sometime ago, after a reboot.

• I have the Scandinavian keyboard, and when I select a Scandinavian language, most non English keys does not return the characters printed on them.

• The 48MP camera only delivers 12MP images

Otherwise: Great work, thanks.

I am late to the party. I didn’t expect to receive this device and it showed up at my door late last week. I am really struggling to install Sailfish on the qx1050. I followed the instructions here and I can’t get past the “Powered by Android” boot screen. I tried both the March 2023 (Sailfish 4.5) and October 2022 (Sailfish 4.4) releases. I booted to the bootloader, ran the flash.sh script. Each time it states the script has completed successfully but no joy. I realize this isn’t a popular device but I am hoping someone can advise me as to what to do?

UPDATE: I figured out what I did wrong. When I first got the device I tried out Lineage OS. I flashed it to Lineage for a few days to test it. When I tried flashing Sailfish using the script above from the LineageOS Recovery it would not boot. I decided to start from scratch. I flashed the FxTec stock Android successfully and then tried to flash Sailfish after that. It worked like a charm. I wanted to leave this here in case anyone else runs into the same issue as there appears to be limited information regarding this device.

1 Like

Thanks @Demati.
I also (with much surprise) received finally my Pro1x just a couple of weeks ago, and I’m waiting my upcoming holidays to start playing with it, so up-to-date instructions on how to flash it and use it are very welcome.

In case someone would like to flash Sailfish I followed the steps I linked in my previous post. I’ll summarize the steps:

1. Make sure you are on stock FxTec Pro1-X Android to begin with
  2. If possible backup the persist partition (I did not and that was a mistake on my part). Steps are here.
  3. Go here and go to the latest row where the status is “passed” and click on the download arrow (all the way on the right) to download the archive.zip file somewhere on your computer.
  4. Extract the zip file on your computer.
  5. Navigate into the extract folder
  6. Reboot your Pro1-X to recovery
  7. Connect your Pro1-X to your computer
  8. In the directory in step 5 run the flash.sh script
  9. done

It does take quite a bit of time to flash. The screen will go black and you will wonder if anything is happening. Give it at least 10 minutes (mine took 12).

2 Likes

I wanted to start a new post to ask this. Is anyone maintaining this community build any longer? The most recent release is dated March 2023.