Telephone failed in an emergency

Just happened on an XA2 (H4113, only one SIM in + SDcard) with 4.5.0.24 triggered while 2 calls came in at quite the same time, one was rejected with a message, the other one “disappeared”.
After that, it wasn’t possible to place a call. Flight mode on → off, Voice-UI restart didn’t help.
Rebooted…

2 Likes

Are you people observing in these cases, that the “telephone” app if opened on the app cover indicates as if a call is ongoing but can not be ended at all - even if there is no more call ongoing? I experience that quit often.

1 Like

As you mention it: it occurred to me that handling two incoming calls once ended in an Ofono nirvana and required a reboot … (Xperia 10 ii or iii - i do not recall)

The root cause for this could be the same as in Audible tone after ignoring call .
Release notes for 4.6.0.11 EA state that they could not reproduce it any more, so, is this happening on 4.6 too?

Edit: So, not the same root cause, as it seems…

2 Likes

Indeed, I had today on 4.6 this exact behaviour. One call ended, but was stuck in the phone application. Visible on the cover. The action button was not doing anything. Then, later on, I noticed that I was not able to call anymore.

systemctl --user restart voicecall-manager

restored a correct behaviour.

3 Likes

If restarting voicecall-manager solves the issue, would it make sense to restart it when the voicecall-ui is restarted?

1 Like