Telegram desktop on flatpak

Hi Rinigus, I managed to install Telegram Desktop on flatpak, as per your instructions: https://github.com/sailfishos-flatpak/main#supported-devices
I only want this for the rare occasions I need to make an audio call, otherwise Fernschreiber is fine. Scaling is at 300%, looks ok, but at times it’s not at all responsive, I have to tap more than 10 times to get a result. Is there any way this can be improved from the settings in flatpak runner?

No idea. I don’t have tapping issues with Angelfish/Flatpak, except some corners. There are no options that change tapping, at least I am not aware of that.

note, that desktop version has no encryption.

I use kotatogram instead of telegram, and in my opinion, kotatogram works better than telegram, and it doesn’t crash with animated stickers

Thanks for this tip, kotatogram works better for me too. Have you updated to 4.2? It’s no longer launching on my xa2.

Yep, flatpak doesn’t work on 4.2. I can’t open flatpak-runner, I get this error

1 Like

flatpak-runner fails to compile on 4.2.0 build. See Show home:rinigus:flatpak / flatpak-runner - SailfishOS Open Build Service and the logs for failed builds.

PRs are welcome - it is not going to be my priority to fix it soon as there are other projects ahead.

2 Likes