Taping blind while wriying a reply in the forum

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): allways
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 3.4.0.24
HARDWARE (Jolla1, Tablet, XA2,…): xa2
UI LANGUAGE: english
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): yes

DESCRIPTION:
while writing a reply in the forum in my device, i write blind cause I cant scroll up the text, so I cant see what I am writing

PRECONDITIONS:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. while in forum sailfishos and reading a post
  2. pressing reply
  3. writing the answer back completely blind, cause I cant scroll up the reply text andvthe keybord keeps on top of it.

EXPECTED RESULT:
that I can keep scrolling up the pages to keep writng or that the page and the keyboard work together to be able to see what I am writing

================

ACTUAL RESULT:
I can see what I am writing.now also. so difficult and takes a lot of time to correct what i a m writinh

==============

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc…)

3 Likes

Same here.
Sailfish forum practically unusable with Sailfish, you could not make that up.

1 Like

Scroll the page up, push it up a little with your thumb. {{{smh}}}

It’s quite usable, seems the page and the apps work but the users don’t.

The text field is still stuck to the bottom no matter how far up I scroll.
What am I dong wrong?

1 Like

You dare to explain in detail how to make it work then, if we’re too dumb to figure it out on our own?

1 Like

Works perfectly with Android, just saying :sunglasses:

Okay, my bad. I do far too much using my PC and sometimes forget to actually try it out on my Jolla1. Indeed there is a problem. I just tried to reply here via Sailfish Browser and yes, the area to type in is hidden by the keyboard and partially shows when turned to landscape.

When replying using my computer, I find that I have to push the page up a little to make the input area show and stupidly assumed it was the same on my device and it is not.

So, when doing this on an Android device, the typing area is automatically pushed into view @spag ?

So, to recap, I’m the dummy, not you guys!

1 Like

Exactly. The text input area is visible above the keyboard not hidden behind it. Also selecting text and pressing “quote” works on Android unlike SFOS browser.

Reported a few minutes after this forum was opened in July: General usability (of this forum) with SFOS browser

4 Likes

It is also difficult to write in this forum with an android tablet in landscape mode. The first line, where you are typing is behind the the title bar. And now you are also have to fight against the auto correction.

1 Like

Can anyone using the EA of SailfishOS 4 comment if this problem still exists when using ESR 60 - the updated Browser?
Does the draft window show now or is it still hidden by the keyboard?

It’s still hidden in by the keyboard.

Thanks for the info :tired_face:
Patience then…