Talk Maemo Org is down

And it’s happening again, Talk.Maemo.Org is down for me.
When I check some “is it down” services, two says it’s down and one says its only me. :confused:

Down for me too since more than a week

https://talk.maemo.org/ works for me

1 Like

Do you use a VPN service? I found that my VPN causes this phenomenon, on some servers. For me it helps to change VPN server or turn it off.
Very strange behaviour.

Thanks @eson, but no, I have no VPN running and still cannot access TMO. But, I do have a vPN installed on my PC, so i fired it up, picked the UK as my residence and now i can view TMO, weird indeed. Problem solved…kind of.

Now I will turn the VPN back off and see what happens…stranger still, after stopping my VPN and cannot view TMO again. wtf?, this is the only web page I am having problems with and seemingly so are a few others, any TMO staff care to comment?, @juiceme ?

Unless you somehow manage to try to access TMO with plain HTTP it works.
(and it should automatically forward you to HTTPS site)

@Edz what is your home location/provider?
Might it be possible that you are being served from an IP block that has been blacklisted for some reason?

Exactly my thought. I know TMO have some of my VPN provider IP’s blocked, but it still is a strange behaviour. I should get an error message about the block, but I don’t.

In my case it’s a problem of the VPN I use for work, I’ve just checked and without it works.

1 Like

Location - Xabia,Spain
Provider - Blu So Easy Sl

Notably, I can ping TMO successfully.

C:\Users\User>ping 213.128.137.28

Pinging 213.128.137.28 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 213.128.137.28: bytes=32 time=60ms TTL=
Reply from 213.128.137.28: bytes=32 time=63ms TTL=
Reply from 213.128.137.28: bytes=32 time=58ms TTL=
Reply from 213.128.137.28: bytes=32 time=62ms TTL=

Ping statistics for 213.128.137.28:
     Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0%
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 58ms, Maximum = 63ms, Average = 60ms

Sure, blacklisting does not affect the transport layer but works on actual TCP HTTPS connections; you can ping the site just well but your connection attempts will be trashed.

+1
Site works fine. I try it on notebook and Jolla One.

@juiceme - This is all still very strange, I now have a completely different ISP and still I cannot access TMO. We went from a wireless service to fibre optic.
When I visit my local watering hole, I can then browse TMO on my Jolla1 with their wifi, but as soon as I’m home and get back onto my network, I cannot browse TMO.
I have cleared/cleaned/preened everything I can think of, including different browsers, endless restarts, still no access to TMO. None of the above suggestions are helping.

@eson are you still having this same problem?

1 Like

Nope, my problem was the VPN I use. Some servers get blocked as spam servers by TMO.
To me it looks like something in your home router is blocking. Just a thought…

2 Likes

Oh, sorry, yes you did mention previously that your VPN was the problem, my bad.

As already mentioned, the router is brand new, only a few weeks old, as is our ISP. there should be NOTHING in the router blocking TMO, everything has changed, from crappy intermittent WiFi to faultless fibre optic from a different company.

1 Like

how can I contact them to unblock my provider’s IP region?

Ask for techstaff help on #maemo channel.