Systemd-journald CPU consumption

After experimenting with commands (I think)

mcetool -searly
mcetool -senable
mcetool -sdisable

due to a bluetooth error, my Gemini PDA SFOS 4.x got into a state that it consumes the battery very quickly. Process consumption indicated

that this was probably due to systemd-journald. Can anyone advise me how to fix this or what is the cause, please?

Edit: Previously, the Gemini battery lasted one week in standby mode. Now drop from 70% to 40% in two hours!

I would try to find out first what journald is attempting to achieve.
journalctl -f
(as devel-su) might throw an enormous amount of messages, there should be a hint what’s going on. I don’t think that journald is the problem by itself.
On my Xperia X I found journald sometimes crashed, I guess due to temporary overload…

Anyway, you normally can check, stop, start and restart systemd-journald like any other service:
systemctl status systemd-journald
systemctl restart systemd-journald
but I doubt it’s helpful.

BTW: there’s no option “enable” or “disable” with parameter -s for mcetool, afaik. The options are “enabled” and “disabled”

1 Like

Thanks for reply.
In journalctl -f repeated error:

feb 23 06:59:51 GeminiPDA kernel: I2C structure:
                                  [I2C]Clk=15600,Id=3,Op=3,Irq_stat=3,Total_len=1
                                  [I2C]Trans_len=1,Trans_num=1,Trans_auxlen=1,speed=400000
                                  [I2C]Trans_stop=1
feb 23 06:59:51 GeminiPDA kernel: base address 0xffffff8004f1e000
feb 23 06:59:51 GeminiPDA kernel: I2C register:
                                  [I2C]SLAVE_ADDR=72,INTR_MASK=f8,INTR_STAT=0,CONTROL=3a,TRANSFER_LEN=1
                                  [I2C]TRANSAC_LEN=2,DELAY_LEN=2,TIMING=11,START=2,FIFO_STAT=1101
                                  [I2C]IO_CONFIG=3,HS=0,DCM_EN=0,DEBUGSTAT=40,EXT_CONF=1800,TRANSFER_LEN_AUX=1
feb 23 06:59:51 GeminiPDA kernel: before enable DMA register(0x0):
                                  [I2C]INT_FLAG=0,INT_EN=0,EN=0,RST=0,
                                  [I2C]STOP=0,FLUSH=0,CON=0,TX_MEM_ADDR=0, RX_MEM_ADDR=0
                                  [I2C]TX_LEN=0,RX_LEN=0,INT_BUF_SIZE=0,DEBUG_STATUS=0
                                  [I2C]TX_MEM_ADDR2=0, RX_MEM_ADDR2=0
feb 23 06:59:51 GeminiPDA kernel: DMA register(0xffffff8004f20480):
                                  [I2C]INT_FLAG=0,INT_EN=0,EN=0,RST=0,
                                  [I2C]STOP=0,FLUSH=0,CON=0,TX_MEM_ADDR=0, RX_MEM_ADDR=0
                                  [I2C]TX_LEN=0,RX_LEN=0,INT_BUF_SIZE=0,DEBUG_STATUS=0
                                  [I2C]TX_MEM_ADDR2=0, RX_MEM_ADDR2=0
feb 23 06:59:51 GeminiPDA kernel: i2c_dump_info ------------------------------------------
feb 23 06:59:51 GeminiPDA kernel: i2c i2c-3: addr: 39, transfer ACK error
feb 23 06:59:51 GeminiPDA kernel: i2c_dump_info ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I don’t know what transfer ACK error means. It is true that I tried to transfer files via BT from Xperia X to Gemini and the transfer was not successful. Is it possible to stop it?

The mcetool commands with -s are described here

The state of the processor adjusted when I stopped BT service
systemctl stop bluetooth.service.
What next? Where are the data in progress for BT transmission? I should probably delete them or cancel the process that is trying to transfer them. But how to do it?

It seems to stop | start BT service helped.