Syncing CalDav/Nextcloud not working on local lan

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 100%
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 4.0.1.48
HARDWARE (XA2, Xperia 10…): Xperia X
UI LANGUAGE: german
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): yes

DESCRIPTION:

When you try to set up or to sync a caldav oder nextcloud account in a local network without Internet connection (intranet) syncing not working and no setup of new account possible. For sure there is a working nextclod server in the intranet. Connecting from PC works, fileupload from mobilephone works.

PRECONDITIONS:

Connect to a local network without internet connection an try to setup a new nextcloud account or try sync a established one.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

EXPECTED RESULT:

Possible to sync or to create a new account, even when there is just a local network without internet connection

ACTUAL RESULT:

No Syncing, not possible to set up a new account

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc…)

Does the server have .well-known redirect endpoints etc?
Is the dav path the server root or is it a subpath?

Does account creation itself fail, or synchronisation? If the former, does it still fail if you disable calendar sync but keep contact sync enabled, for example? If the latter, are you able to collect more detailed logs with the instructions from https://sailfishos.org/wiki/CalDAV_and_CardDAV_Community_Contributions#Sync_Logs ? Thanks!

Hi Chris,

unfortunately I am afraid I have not the needed skills to perform this log.

In the current version it is not possible to create the account as log as you do not have a connection to the internet. I assume there might be a check in form of a ping to a website to approve a connection. In the case of an local INTRA net, this fails and so it is not possible to create the account. When I connect my server to my “normal” INTER net with connection to the internet, everything is ok. I hope these are enough information.

Thanky and regards,

Lukas

I’ve created JB#54025 internally to track this issue. As you say, I guess the issue is that our “detect connectivity” step is too overzealous, and requires Internet access rather than allowing LAN connectivity in this case. I can’t give any ETA on when we might fix this issue, unfortunately, but I have pinged appropriate people internally about it.

1 Like