Switch swipe directions

Is there a way to change what appear behind an app when swiping (send to background)? Currently when swiping from left the event/notifications view becomes visible and from right the “desktop”. I use my device with my left hand and usually want the desktop view to become active. With the left hand it would be easier to swipe from the left side instead of right. Is it possible to switch this in a config file or similar?

1 Like

Settings/Gestures - deselect Quick Events Access, does that help?

It’s the same both ways for me, (4.4)

1 Like

Yes, but you can optionally have the events view on the left with the setting @Edz refers to.
I don’t know why you would want that… but it is an option.
It is not entirely clear whether @klarre has enabled it by accident, or if he wants to still have it, just switched around.

Without the setting set:
Desktop ← app → Desktop

With the setting set:
Events ← app → Desktop

What I want:
Desktop ← app → Events

1 Like

Not really: When you have an app in the foreground and swipe to the left (to the eventsview) or right (to the “desktop” with app(s) minimised), the foreground app always becomes implicitly minimised.
After that, any swipe to the left or right will always switch between the eventsview and the “desktop” with app(s) minimised. It is a “carousel”, i.e. you can swipe “in circles”.

Exactly. And what I am asking for is if there is a config file where those three elements (events, app, desktop) can be reordered in the carousal. But I guess it is hardcoded in a binary somewhere.

I’ve dug around in qml and dconf files, and I don’t see anything… I think you’re right… Although I think technically you coul edit it somewhere, because it’s a file somewhere that dconf is reading, but probably (yet another) closed-source SF thing
(it’s called “left_peek_to_events”)

Maybe one can just switch the calls made inside the else if and else scopes. I might try that when I’m back from vacation. Thanks for finding it.

Perhaps it is enough to just switch the eventsLayer and homeLayer aliases near the top of this file.

1 Like

Likely, because it is part of the Lipstick UI (the equivalent to the “Desktop Environment” on desktop Linuxes), but this is all QML code (i.e., interpreted JavaScript code), which is easily patchable. If one found a way to patch this it can be packaged as a Patch for Patchmanager and be distributed for all.

1 Like