Supported Device

Hi everyone.

I made a remark about the list on the site
https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptations/libhybris
the most complete smartphone as I understand it is the oneplus 6

why then it is the Sony Xperia™ 10 II which is with an official support

Please explain the choice of the team

Thnx

It is the porters community’s choice, not Jolla’s choice.

Thank you for the answer.

For people who are looking for the best alternative to Android and iOS, you advise me which smartphone to start my migration ?

Thnx

Stick with android and ios at this point. Practically there is no alternative without serious compromises and work involved.

1 Like

The best choice to start with is officially supported, i.e. Xperia 10 II.

2 Likes

Hello,
I am disgusted that for the mobile market we do not have the choice of other OS.

On PC I am happy to have Linux as an alternative I have been on Debian for more than 15 years

Thnx

1 Like

Don’t take the reply of ApB too strongly. If you have used Debian for more than 15 years Sailfish might be a good option. Currently it is the best linux phone out there.

There are some drawbacks, Google apps or banking apps can be an issue sometimes. And some people have strange expectations, installing 10s of Android apps is like installing 10s of Windows apps under wine on a desktop :slight_smile:

Edit: I would think the Xperia 10 II is the best currently supported. Also has Arm 64bit support, so will probably have the most longevity in it regarding support from Jolla. Oh, and the biggest battery.

2 Likes