Suddenly no incoming voice then using car kit

REPRODUCIBILITY: always
OS VERSION: 4.4.0.68
HARDWARE: X10 II
UI LANGUAGE: german
REGRESSION:

DESCRIPTION:

Suddenly I have no incoming audio in phone calls when using the car kit. It was working fine when I used it the last time a few weeks ago, so I think it is because of the update from 4.4.0.64 to 4.4.0.68. VoLTE is enabled, I tried to disable again but this makes no difference. If I switch to mobile during the call audio is working, bit this is no solution during driving. Bit ot could be a hint to a audio routing problem. A2DP (playing music) using the car kit is working fine.

PRECONDITIONS:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Connect car kit using Bluetooth
  2. Start a call

EXPECTED RESULT:

I can hear incoming call audio through the car speakers.

ACTUAL RESULT:

I cannot hear incoming call audio through the car speakers.

MODIFICATIONS:

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

1 Like

May sound trivial but:
Have you tried increasing the audio level of the phone when it is connected to the car?
I had a similar issue a while ago until I noticed that the audio level was set to zero in Bluetooth mode. Simply increasing it using the hardware keys on the right side of the phone solved this issue for me then…

Which car are you using? There is a wiki listing tested Bluetooth devices. It may be good if you update the wiki too.

Thank you in advance!

Today I had the same problem too! I am using a BT device that works only for calls, not for music - ST Buddy R20. I used it many times and it worked great, just today I connected to it, and got no sound during call, tried max volume on both devices, switch to speaker and back to it, nothing.
Immediately after ending a call I checked if sound still works, and it did, so it is not the Pulseaudio problem as reported elsewhere. Also once after using BT device for calling I could no longer use headphone jack, sound would only come through the speaker. The BT device experience is definitely buggy, and not easy to replicate, each time it behaves differently. So hard to write a bug report.
Oh, Xperia 10 III

Yes, exactly the same experience, but I’ve found call 2+ works fine.

Somehow it’s the first call that has this silence problem.

It definitely used to work better before 4.4.0.68, but I can’t be sure if it worked better also in 4.4.0.64, or earlier.

1 Like