Streaming links for Jolla Phone Day1 are now available, join us live on July 8!

There is something like that on Mastodon.

Edit: do note that there are no keynote speakers as the big ones did. It’s just celebration with order pickup and ringtone introduction.

You just can’t compare the PR budgets to the big ones.

I’m not on Mastodon. I’m specifically referring to the YouTube videos (and I assume PeerTube will be the same).

My point is that Jolla should become more savvy in publishing their content to make sure as many people as possible learn about Sailfish.

They are well aware of that.

There is a comment on the YouTube video with timestamps and the PeerTube video has timestamps in the description. Just click them to jump to the points you are interested in.

2 Likes

That’s not entirely my point, but thanks for letting me know.

No, Peertube is not the same as Youtube, like avhakola said we have chapter links in the description where each part of the scheduled program are easily accessible and linkable, e.g. Program start and had this since day one of the replay, i.e. from July 9th, on Peertube.

4 Likes

I just wanted to get back to you on this, since we (Friprogramvarusyndikatet) have now provided a first version of subtitles for the Peertube replay of the live stream scheduled program part. Enjoy!

7 Likes

Again, this is not entirely the point. I now saw in the YouTube comments that someone kindly posted timestamps. Great.

However, that is not the same as the Jolla channel itself pumping up the hype (meant in the most positive sense possible) by posting the keynotes separately, and adding some shorts. It’s an easy edit from the footage that is already there and makes the channel more active. Having an active channel means you reach more eyeballs too. And that is the purpose.

1 Like

No, I only answered about your assumption which was wrong and clarified what we did on our side to bring convenience to the users, which you also can enjoy and share easily if you like. I am not going to argue with you on that it can be easily done with current footage. I assume there will be more than the Looking back on an unforgettable Jolla Phone Day1 event. ❤️ - @fps_gbg – PeerTube coming our way, so maybe relax since it most probably will happen when the time is right (a point in time Jolla select).

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure that Jolla knows that but for now just doesn’t have the capacity.

1 Like