Starting Android support interrupts tethering

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 100%
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 4.0.1.48
HARDWARE (XA2, Xperia 10…): Xperia 10 Dual SIM
UI LANGUAGE:German
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): ???

DESCRIPTION: While Internet connection and Mobile access point is on and running (Connection OK), on starting the Android support, data connection will be interrupted.

PRECONDITIONS:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Start Internet connection
  2. Start Mobile access point
  3. Surf the Internet with laptop…
  4. While Internet connection is running OK, start Android support
  5. After Android support is running, the laptop’s Internet connection is lost
  6. Signal from the Mobile access point still present on laptop’s WLAN connection, but no data connection to the Internet.

EXPECTED RESULT: Laptop’s Internet connection via Mobile access point still possible

ACTUAL RESULT: Laptop’s Internet connection via Mobile access point is interrupted.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Workaround: While Android support is running, stopping Mobile access point and internet connection and the activate both again does help.
EDIT: further experiments had shown that it is not necessary to stop and restart the mobile network internet connection to re-establish the Internet connection.
It is enough to stop and restart the Mobile access point, after enabling Android support. After this it works stable.

(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc…)

1 Like

This also occurs on my XA2 (single SIM) running SFOS 4.0.1.48, not sure where to find relevant logs to help debug this further though.

My knowledge is not enough to find the relevant logfiles. If someone would tell me, I could copy the interesting logfile and post here.

Thanks for the post. This is a known issue and a possible fix is on the way, hopefully soon.

Had just now the situation, that I
first started Android support,
then Mobile data connection + tethering,
then Delta Chat (an Android chat app).

Mobile data connection did work, I could read the chats and answer some posts,
but mobile access point did not start. Had to close mobile data connection and Android support, then start mobile data + tethering again without Android support, after this mobile access point did work again.