Spotted: An excellent UI!

Ok, sure. I hate mail clients that don’t show ‘text only’ first. An email client that shows html first is a web browser. The number of companies sending html only mails is becoming really annoying.

3 Likes

True, and it’s even worse when you’re in the company and one of the first thing the HR ask you is: “Please setup this fancy colorful footer”

Sigh. Sometimes I think I have to look at all this PR ad crap as a penance for having worked in advertising. It’s long ago and I thought I had atoned!

1 Like

Just warming up the pokers. See you soon.

best regards,
Satan

It’s nice and refreshing to see some positive feedback for a change!

I am a native Finnish speaker, but I prefer to use English in all of my devices to ease problem solving and debugging. However, I do appreciate good quality translations and in this case it makes me super happy to see some proper Finnish being put in to use.

I didn’t choose SFOS because of its UI, but it really is a great one in terms of usability (and looks!). Sometimes when I need to go back and forth between two apps, I’m really grateful for the quick app switching. I hope this configuration will stay available in the future as well!

5 Likes

Umm. No, I AM SATAN. You may be Lucifer, but I am the lord of lies!

1 Like

I jump on board with those who like the mail app. Works great with IMAP.

Sad to hear Microsoft accounts don’t work as I had been planning to add my work mail on here. But I do have a work phone so I guess I’ll use that.

For consistency I think it would have been better to leave out the reply and forward buttons, but other than that I like the mail app.

I had the case years ago that my mail account was compromised.
I had no choice but to delete it and get a new email address.
Since then, I have only worked with aliases.

Unfortunately, the SFOS mail app cannot handle this, so I am forced to use Android K-9 Mail when sending mail.
I would be very happy if the developers of the mail app could one day implement such a self-evident function.

As for the user interface in general, I fully agree. Very intuitive.

2 Likes

I’ve to say that to my liking the SFOS mail app is pretty.
It doesn’t work on iCloud Mail, Tiscali Mail, but for Gmail and Outlook it works flawfless. Yet,some format problems there and here

Yes, this swiping to remove a mail is easier and faster than the push in Sailfish mail.
I was always charmed by the beautiful design and the easy UI of Sailfish and I still am.
With one exception: I still don’t like the change in the menu when picking up a call. It’s too vague.

2 Likes

I like the UI and design of Sailfish very much. Yet I miss things such as the possibility to turn pictures. Sometimes they are horizontal and it costs some effort to get them upright. I have Imageworks but that doesn’t offer the possibility to change direction either. What I do now: I send the horizontal picture to my husband within Telegram. On my ipad I download in Telegram this picture into the gallery of the ipad. Within that gallery Apple makes it possible to change the picture. Ridiculous of course. Perhaps someone knows a better solution?

In gallery view, tap the pencil, you will have two arrows to rotate the picture

2 Likes

That’s it, much easier! Thank you!

The fast solution for the moment is rotate the phone until the picture is in the right place, tap and hold one finger on the screen and rotate the phone back.
Okay, it’s not sustainable, but for the moment…

Since we’re in the “excellent UI” thread, that’s one of my favorite features to briefly take the automatic screenrotation out of commission.

1 Like

This is my favorite UI
IRC. Pull up/down and left side menu.

1 Like