Sony Xperia 10IV for 299€

What is the next device supported - does someone know what Jolla is working on now?

thanks

1 Like

We ecpect that 4.5 will be released this month, i would imagine with the release there will be some hint for the next device?

2 Likes

Definitely! I’m currently lurking at some 10 ii at ~100€, no need for newer phones and produce more e-waste, the camera software won’t be better anyway (and that’s the only selling point of newer phones isn’t it?)

If the phone starts and the basic components work there is few chances that it will break suddenly. The way the phone’s description is written often tells you a lot about its previous owner. Or you can go through specialized second-hand vendors where you have a minimal warranty.
Even if you are unlucky, I’m sure it won’t happen twice in a row :slight_smile:
I will never regret my second-hand Xperia X bought 150€ … 5.5 years ago and counting :heart_eyes:

nice, how much is used III in your area?

I see a couple at 200€ (french website “Le Bon Coin”, sold from individuals, so either you live in their area or you take the risk to have it shipped)

That is a nice offer. Let’s hope for an official SFOS build from @Jolla .

1 Like

Might be worth switching from my Xperia 10ii now and hope the 10iv will be supported in the upcoming release.

that’s quite much tbh. Here I see two in the range up tp 180EUR for 10III
The 10IV is around 212EUR
Of course plus shipping which should be around 6EUR.
There’s also one, brand new IV for 255EUR but no invoice.

Used phones.
We are using 4 used XA2 since more than 1 year.
All used, 80-100€ each.
Unknown sellers, No probs so far.

1 Like

What would you consider ‘not using it with proper care’? If there aren’t any real scratches, what could possibly be wrong with it?

theoretically the phone could be one of the old submarines or it could be used in high humidity areas. So there are actually some problems of course but with the low price the “risk” is worth it. In the end, you can get next one :slight_smile:

I almost bought the IV for that price a couple weeks ago, but I ended up buying a new old model (10 III) from the last local store that sold it, and thus I paid a little more (€338) than the IV would have cost. Because at this point was too uncertain when sailfish comes for IV or if it ever comes.

It would be of primary importance to tell if IV is getting Sailfish or not. In an ideal situation, Sailfish should had come on Christmas sales when IV came on sale… even as unpolished but available.

I’m one of those who don’t buy used phones because I’ve had bad experiences with it and I want a battery in as good condition as possible so that the phone can last for many years without changing the battery. The life cycle of my previous phone just ended in the battery (xz1 compact), because you can’t find a new oem battery for it, only crappy or mystery ones. I bought from China and installed it but I got cheated, it was 60% ok from the original.

Of course it wouldn’t be a problem if the aftermarket was better in terms of spare parts for these marginal phone models…

Sailfish availability in part also depends on when Sony opens the device for developers, but Xperia 10 IV (XQ-CC54) is already on the list.

1 Like

Good point @ExTechOp .
If we are taking a closer look at the kernel map, we can see that the Xperia 10 IV is supporting Android 12 API and above. The current (beta) release of SFOS Struven ketju 4.5.0.16 increase the version of AppSupport to Android 11 API Level. Is this API level related to the supported kernel? Or maybe I’m just getting some things mixed up.

Yes, you are mixing things up. They are unrelated.

3 Likes

10v leaks starting to arrive:

nothing new, still the same, still big.

that’s not gonna change, my chap; sony mid-ranges have settled on this size.

it’s a very good size; easily handleable given the 21:9 screen, and a damn site smaller than my 6" XA2 Plus.

but, more important than any nitpicking over the hardware; it will in late 2024 be widely available for sale unlike previous generations at that point.

it’s good size from your point of view. But there are many peoples that want something smaller.

1 Like

Just bought an Xperia 10 IV and am hoping for a supported port. I post this to be in the loop in case you hear anything.

I am thinking about returning the 10 iv. My XA2 Ultra works really well at the moment (just reflashed), only a few problems with some AD apps and bluetooth seems a little bit hickupy… (Strava really craves GPServices and Amazon Prime does not download videos but maybe I can fix that).