Sony Xperia 10 II Review (a lot of problems)

@Inte: actually no. I could not even notice a difference in battery drainage.

It shouldn’t make any difference whether GPS is permanently allowed or not. Normally, the receiver is only activated when an app requests the GPS data and deactivated when the app is closed. You can see it when the icon appears in the status bar when in use.

Battery drain only occurs when, for example, Google apps periodically report locations to the master of evil. Of course, other curious apps also use it to send data home. In this case, GPS should be switched off permanently so that position data is not sent unintentionally.

With the Sony phones and Sailfish, the balance has gotten completely messed up since Mozilla support was switched off. Even before, the hardware modules used or the layout do not seem to have any particular quality. Even a cold start should have a maximum duration of 12.5 minutes. My XA2 has often taken double the time and more since day one with Sailfish. Even my old Sirf 3 receiver can do a cold start in less than 5 minutes and that’s my personal reference! GPS has never been easy to use with my XA2.

2 Likes

I think that GPSinfo keeps receiving GPS data permanently, thus draining the battery?
Mozilla positioning can be “reactivated” by installing the corresponding cell-data from either warehouse or even the official jolla store.

2 Likes