Sony Xperia 10 ii is not available anymore in my country (NL). Will Sailfish also be possble on the 10 iii soon?

You can find some information about VoLTE on Sailfish (or lack of) here: VoLTE support in SailfishOS?. Basically nobody really knows at the moment. The general community consensus seems to be that (a) its not an easy thing to do, and (b) it will only likely happen when it is required by their Russian customer/partner for Aurora OS (the core of which is Sailfish). The rest of the world does not appear to be Jolla’s core market at the present time. Somebody posted that VoLTE was originally in Jolla’s roadmap but has since been removed, others believe there will be increasing pressure on Jolla to provide VoLTE as teleco providers around the world switch off 2G/3G. I don’t think anybody knows for certain what Jolla’s plans are in this area, or if they do they aint saying!

Any Sony phone that could eventually end up getting a SFOS port must be added to the Open Devices by Sony.

According to this list the Xperia 10 III is not part of the program yet, this means the chances to see an official Sailfish port any time soon are rather slim.

https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/get-started/supported-devices-and-functionality/

2 Likes

Sure, just use any type of VPN of your choice including Opera Browser.

3 Likes

I bought this device in sweden since my XE has been broken screen for years and I can’t stand Android. Infact I also got swedish bankid working on 10 II. WOHA. But I would rather spend the monet on fairphone if jolla was smart and spend some time support Fairhpone instead I personally dont need fancy pointless 4K screen on a mobile that makes it almost impossible read without change fontsize to huge. Sidenote change to huge font does not affect android apps and makes it almost impossible to read(I will add a topic on this because I need a solution)

Anyhow there are few available from I halebop/komplett.se if you are in sweden (komplett.se should be available in EU too?).

But I agree history repeats the market is horrible for the environment and the mobile manufacturers outdate devices just after a year. Just for fancy new pointless features such as 4K screens on a mobile kids has to wake up. 4K is pointless on small screen.

1 Like

Hmm?
The Xperia 10 II is still 1080, just extra tall.

oh I took to much for granted then because I did have huge problem read text (with default settings) even with glasses and on both SFOS and Android.

Re: SFOS in the UK

I had no trouble buying a Xperia 10 ii licence by simply listing the territory i was purchasing from as Gibralter.

3 Likes

(I have BankID on my XA2 Ultra. Has worked from the start. Couldn’t live without it on my main phone.)