Some beginner questions

And again, as attah said:

Android settings are either accessed through the settings item added by aliendalvik-control, or

But second method/bug does not work since 3.3 (or 3.4).
Afair there is no official method to access overall Android settings, else using the console.
By issuing:
apkd-launcher com.android.settings

And then Display-Advanced-Font size.

2 Likes

Ah, got it. Was able to reduce font and display size, now android apps look good :slight_smile:

The native Telegram client Yottagram is claimed to be really fast, but I did not test this aspect personally.

I have tried that one too, but its also not very feature-complete.

[edit] Sorry, I have confused it with Telegramā€™me i think. Yottagram seems nice, although it also has performance issues. E.g. scrolling in a chat is like 10 FPS, and also animated stickers are moving slowly, with like 5-10FPS.

But maybe thats just the overall performance of the XA2?

If youā€™re using a German bank, you may want to try out Zaster Banker (written by Sebastian Wolf, who also wrote Fernschreiber). I donā€™t have a German bank account, so havenā€™t tried it myself, although I wish I could.

Iā€™m happy to see youā€™re getting things sorted.

For me, both clients show a decent performance, but I have the XA2 Ultra, which to my knowledge has more RAM. But I can not imagine that this makes such a difference. The only situation where I experience performance issues is the power saving mode, when the remaining battery charge drops below the configured level.

Okay so after playing around with SFOS Iā€™m getting used to the gestures and handling, and I begin to like it. Unlike with ubuntu touch, android apps seem to be pretty viable, stable and good.

So I really would love to use SFOS as main phone. I guess the things I would need for that to happen first are:

• better hardware, thus better overall user experience
  • better cameras
  • phone of the size of a iPhone 11 pro - the XA2 is pretty huge, which I dont like much
  • nice to have: redshift (I use that on every electronic device, even my TV, since in my family there is some issues with eye deseases)

So just gonna stay tuned for updates in 2021 both regarding hardware and software :slight_smile:

For a redshift like feature, there is an app an openrepos, itā€™s calles tint overlay

With regard to hardware this topic could be interesting for you. I wrote a post there explaining what constrains the choice of devices

Hey

Im currently trying to get telegram on my XA2 but to no avail.

Any chance you could detail how you got it installed as Iā€™n running around in circles at this point

Thanks

What exactly is your setting? Do you have android support and from what source do you try to install? Or do you try to use a native client?