Slack is now, post virus land, is becoming more and more a key part of business.
I am a new SFOS user, but long time *nix user.
I am using SFOS as my daily driver, hence will document anything i discover, where i cannot find it already addressed in this forum, in the hope to help others.
My findings are, as of July 2020:
- Native apps like sailslack and slackfish do not work (unmaintained, it seems, as login is broken)
- there is a ‘hack’ for sailslack which allows login, but photos are not really supported (cannot view photos in chats, or upload photos), which makes it unusable
So the only option so far is android version of slack.
So far, glitches with android version of slack are:
- to upload photos, need to use camera app, then select photo using gallery select (direct cam use doesnt work well)
- notifications dont seem to work
Installation of Slack for Android:
- Install Aptoide store, by downloading APK and installing directly (https://aptoide.en.aptoide.com/app)
- Search Aptoide store for slack.
- for me, latest version did NOT work.
- i had to install version 20.05.10.0 (just choose previous version from aptoide)