[SOLVED] Sailfish OS not booting on xperia 10 iii

I’ve just received the Xperia 10 iii. Sadly it came with Android 13 so I had to use Emma to reinstall older android version.

I tried installing sailfish os directly over Android 13 but it resulted in this boot stall. So I went for the full reinstall option below.

Trying to flash 62.0. A.3.109 does NOT work and fails at 5% with an error in Emma tool. Version 62.1 is not available to choose in the emma tool. I tried using image version 62.0.A.3.17 which DID flash successfully resulting in android v11 on the device.

Reflashing Sailfish OS after this however resulted in the same boot stall as with Android 13, the logo shows and green LED is on but that’s it.

Any ideas what to do here?

SOLUTION: see my last reply below

Did you flash Sailfish with green LED on ?
When “flashing” Sailfish need to be with the Blue LED (fastboot mode).
Did you fallow this instructions:

Do you use Linux, Windows, … to install Sailfish?

On the 10 III Sailfish OS works just fine on top of Android 13. I’d suggest that you change your USB cable and / or USB port, because those problems look like failed flashing.

It could be that, I was able to finish flashing successfully after a few more tries going back and forth in android version.

v11 (but not the baseband version from the official instructions) has worked in the end, but as you said it could’ve just been the flashing.

One thing I noticed, all the failed attempts ended with the “blue led not turning off” and having to do the “tips and trick” reboot. The successful one didn’t hang on it.

It happens quite often that the device doesn’t reboot automatically and stays in the fastboot mode. Just issue fastboot reboot and it’ll reboot.