SIP (voip) native integration ... may it is comming in 5.0

What happens with this topic on the roadmap … after 10 years?
Is a native SIP client a feature where Sailfish OS fails?

I guess all of us who are traveling around are missing the possibility of cheap calls!
Btw. It was the reason for me to buy a Jolla because of the very good SIP integration in Nokia mobiles.

3 Likes

In the meantime, you can use this native app for SIP calls: s1p | OpenRepos.net — Community Repository System

Do you speak to people like this in real life too? This passive-aggressive tone will get this issue nowhere.

1 Like

Thank you for your answers.
@attah I’m sorry if I offended you and you feel attacked or bad about my negative tone … but what do you think how I feel about the missing feature since 10 years?
(It’s nothing personal … sorry.)

@meegouser Thank you for your positive reaction. I already use this app since it was available. But this is by far only a temporary solution. It is not working in the background if I get calls to one of my sip accounts. Yes it is the best and only what’s currently available for Sailfish OS now but far away what is expected from an integrated solution which is using a standard communication protocol.

And nevertheless less the question about the topic is open. When do Jolla/Sailfish plan to close the open topic with a usable solution?

And No I do not plan to leave SF for a other OS now or in the next time … but If I read that a fork (AuroraOS) is bringing a solution for that within a short time than I ask myself where the journey is going in the next 10 years.

2 Likes