After upgrading my XA2 to 4.0.1 my two exchange accounts worked pretty well for a couple of hours with multiple mails received and contacts being synced to the device after manual re-sync and reboot.
Later I got an error, that one of the accounts (outlook.com) is not setup correctly (“Konfigurationsfehler”) - without actually changing anything in the accounts. After it didn’t fix in a while and after some reboots, I thought it might be a good idea to remove the account and set it up again. Since then I’m getting the (German) message “Konto wird aktualisiert” which should be something like “Updating account” or “Account is being refreshed” when trying to browse the mails. Its there for a couple of hours now.
There are some other things that seem worth mentioning:
- It seems the whole account is broken, as neither contacts are being synced.
- Auto-Setup of the account works, and discovers eas.outlook.com using port 443 and SSL enabled. I think these settings worked before the initial error
- Setting up a second exchange account (from a university) works like a charm, the problem is only there for the outlook account
- Actually if I intentionally break the server setting, the behavior doesn’t change
- Deleted, rebooted and setup both accounts multiple times
- Uninstalled “E-Mail” as well as “Microsoft Exchange” using the Jolla Store, rebooted, reinstalled both again, including deleting and setting up the accounts
- Removed all contacts that were still on the device
- Changing the server-settings in the account doesn’t help either
- Trying to sync the mails makes a exclamation mark appear next to the outlook account saying “Konfigurationsfehler”/configuration error
- After trying to browse the outlook account, both outlook and university account say "Syncronisationsfehler/synchronization error, although the university account syncs perfectly when browsing the mails
As you can see from the description I’m not a Sailfish-Pro, but with a little advice I should be able to some debugging. Any help is appreciated, as all contacts are gone, which is pretty limiting for a phone