SFOS Update check doesn't check

REPRODUCIBILITY: unknown
BUILD ID: 4.3.0.12
HARDWARE: XA2
UI LANGUAGE: English
REGRESSION: Unknown

DESCRIPTION:
The SFOS Update Check doesn’t want to check automatically anymore. While being connected to WLAN at home and elsewhere, I still get this:

“Last checked: 19 days ago”, which (probably not incidentally) is when I last rebooted. It’ll probably be fixed when I try to check manually using the pulley menu, but I guess this shouldn’t happen. To prevent “destroying” details, I haven’t checked manually as of yet. If needed, I can get logs or current status of e.g. systemd-jobs and timers. Anywhere specific to look?

Same happens to me. Not much of an issue though, I just check manually.

1 Like

Please check that:

1. You are still signed in to your Jolla account from the phone.
  2. Your licence is valid on this phone (i.e., you can see Android App Support in Jolla Store app).

It appears that I am logged in. Account status is “active”, and in the Jolla store the Microsoft Exchange add-on, which I do not have installed, is available for installation.

I had the same message, or better to say, no message. Out of curiosity i check sometimes manually for updates, and so I found the last update, installed it and everything went fine.

In the updater’s settings is selected ‘manual’.

Oh, how nice, so lastly this is “fixed”:
[Bug] /usr/libexec/sailfish-osupdateservice osupdate-check sets ssu re

More seriously: Aforementioned bug report details the mechanism and files involved in that update check, if you want to scrutinise, what is going on.

1 Like

Ah, so that’s where it’s hiding.

[defaultuser@XperiaXA2 ~]$ systemctl --user list-timers
NEXT LEFT LAST PASSED UNIT                 ACTIVATES
n/a  n/a  n/a  n/a    osupdate-check.timer osupdate-check.service

1 timers listed.
Pass --all to see loaded but inactive timers, too.

[defaultuser@XperiaXA2 ~]$ systemctl --user status osupdate-check.timer
● osupdate-check.timer - OS update timer
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/user/osupdate-check.timer; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: active (elapsed) since Fri 2022-01-28 11:39:37 CET; 2 weeks 5 days ago
  Trigger: n/a

[defaultuser@XperiaXA2 ~]$ systemctl --user status osupdate-check.service
● osupdate-check.service - Store client os update check
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/user/osupdate-check.service; static; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: inactive (dead)

That doesn’t seem right.

1 Like

As expected, I had to manually trigger a check to get the 4.3.0.17 or whatever update. I’m now on 4.4.0, and the problem isn’t fixed. Same symptoms. I do switch between mobile network, flight mode and flight mode + wlan only quite a lot. Perhaps something in there is what’s making the timer quit.