i would like to report a successfull installation of SFOS on Volla Phone.
As you might know you can flash the phone using UBPorts installer.
But that does actually mean that you need to flash it when ever you want to switch.
Now the port is a community port, so there will be now alien dalvik.
So the idea of having an boot manager and switch between SFOS and VollaOS (which is actually ASOP (Android) seems intriguing.
The installation procedure is in fact not too complicated, i was missing 1 or 2 hints.
There are two telegram channels:
- Android Boot Manager
- Volla User Community
and they did help me out.
Link to boot manager:
Link to sailfish subpage:
aLogCat to get logs on android is there in FDroid.
First install TWRP (the aurora store has issues in VollaOS) i had to download it on my experia and transfer it to the device. I did actually download it from here:
When i do connect VollaOS to Linux i have to go to USB setting and enable file transfer. I had to do it on each connect.
Magisk, now this was the unclear part:
- download it from here: https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases
- renamed it to .zip
- shut down phone
- vol+ & power to start phone to recovery
- the screen is tiny, take a picture and zoom in the first entry is recovery. you can navigate using vol+ and confirm using vol-
- this should bring you to trwp screen > advanced > adb sideloading usw as decribed here:
on laptop i did adb sideload path-to-renamed-magisk file
- now you have magisk installed
- reboot start magisk, i think it asked me to download and finalize, i said yes, then it required to allow install
the rest was according to install page:
- continue with step 3: boot into trwp and wipe
- download android boot manager rc6 did work for me and follow the install.
the only really tricky thing was to get magisk installed and working.
Thanks to all that helped me in the process !!
And thanks for all the guys that make this possible:
- boot manager
- etc etc.
btw: phone has A partitions, not A/B just in case …
- camera !
- finger print !
- gps , navigation with pure maps does work
- bluetooth (can confirm file transfer)
What does not work:
- Okboard (unsupported size)