SFOS Browser, unusable, unsupported, problematic web sites - Continuation of https://together.jolla.com/question/7367/wiki-unsupported-problematic-websites-in-sailfish-browser/

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 99%
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): almost all
HARDWARE (XA2, Xperia 10…): all devices
UI LANGUAGE: does not matter
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): ?

DESCRIPTION:

to be seen as continuation of the old bug report on TJC
https://together.jolla.com/question/7367/wiki-unsupported-problematic-websites-in-sailfish-browser/

PRECONDITIONS:

none

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. browse a web site
  2. see pop up
  3. cannot continue, click button, …

EXPECTED RESULT:

User is able to dismiss popup or click buttons.

ACTUAL RESULT:

User cannot dismiss nir click button and cannot.continue.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc…)

1 Like

New list (as wiki):

• google.com
  • br.de
  • zeit.de
1 Like

One ‘website’ I’ve noticed has some problems is the local Syncthing webpage. At least on the Xperia 10 II, buttons are unresponsive in portrait mode. However, all buttons are responsive in landscape mode.

2 Likes

And especially now with new 4.1.0

Noticed it by accident as normally I use different one:
one cannot really continue when searching with default engine google.com ( :shiver: ) :frowning:

1 Like

I think I figure out what’s happening. In the browser, a touch is registered slightly lower than where you actually touched the screen.
Try to tap a bit higher on the link or button and it should work.
Weird bug :thinking:

3 Likes

Yes, forgot to mention that when wild tapping on the screen at some point the right spot is touched. But I do not see any systemstic behind it.
This behaviour was already noticed (iirc) on the TJC thread. So ages ago … :frowning:

Some sites can be tricked like that other not at all.

1 Like

I’m seeing frequent bugs with most web views where I have to hit a button or accept something (like signing into an account). Often the tap is not registered until I tap several times and round the place. May indeed be a case of the tap not registering with the right element.

Xperia 10ii here.