SFOS Browser - Denied to save credentials by mistake. How do I save credentials login?

First time I visited a website, I denied to save my credentials by mistake. Then I cleared all private data, but SFOS Browser didn’t asked to save my login credentials.

Is there any possibility to enable password saving process once again?

1 Like

Hmm, the older browser version (3.2.1.20) worked the other way. It always asked for this.
Not sure how the newer version stores this (and to lazy to search, charge, boot my test device) but I am pretty sure you can reach this by

• opening a new tab
  • type about:config
  • be brave and say yes
  • search for signon
  • if you found signon.rememberSignons, activate this and confirm by swiping to the left

signon.rememberSignons was already active. It didn’t change anything :frowning:

There is .local/share/org.sailfishos/browser/.mozilla/logins.json which has a section called disabledHosts that is probably it.

There is effectively a file called logins.json, but in my case the section disabledHosts is empty.

I got it!
All information are stored in the database /home/defaultuser/.local/share/org.sailfishos/browser/.mozilla/permissions.sqlite. I copied database on my computer (Linux one) and then opened it with sqlite3.

To list all entries, enter following command :

SELECT * FROM moz_perms;

Then get the id of the site where the password should be saved and delete with the next command (replace PUT YOUR ID with a number) :

DELETE from moz_perms WHERE id="PUT YOUR ID";

Once modified, I replaced this database and opened the website once again. Browser asked me to save my credentials \o/

5 Likes