SFOS 4.5 feedback thread

The progress bar got stuck on my Xperia 10 II as well. I waited about 30 minutes before forcefully rebooting and everything’s fine now. It’s probably okay to reboot after only a minute or two, but it doesn’t hurt to play it safe.

Great features! But …
On XA2 the automatic rotation does not seem to work after the update. Can someone else confirm?

Not sure as partnerspace is an experimental function.

was there some magic button combination to be pressed in order to make this powerdown – pressing power button for one minute does not do it… ?

It’s very easy to enable and disable, so I’d be very grateful if someone could test it for me… I remember having heard some rumors that it was going to disappear in 4.5, so I’d like to verify it because I use it and I won’t upgrade if it’s gone…

To enable it (with Calculator app running in it) just type in Terminal:

dconf write /desktop/lipstick-jolla-home/partnerspace/applications "['/usr/share/applications/jolla-calculator.desktop']"

Then to disable, type:

dconf write /desktop/lipstick-jolla-home/partnerspace/applications "@as []"

Thank you very much in advance anyone who can check this for me.

volume-up and power button

(edited for summary: after installation device did not reboot – also pressing power button (alone) did not make it reboot – tried sudo fastboot reboot from linux, (w/o help) – then resorted to internet searches – 3rd link (and a bit of scrolling) lead me to the info, that pressing volume-up and power button forcefully reboots the device)

now up & running 4.5.0.16

(XA2) tried rotation: calculator, native browser, foto in gallery: fail

Just tested with jolla-calculator and it works fine, but you don’t have to run the application again.

1 Like

Update went smoothly, two things i noticed is that mobile network was disabled in settings, so i had to re-enabled. Video recording failed to store video.

Hmmm, just ONE reboot after update. Triggered a 2nd reboot and now auto orientation works in calculator…

My own app (BitSailor) suddenly claims that its secrets collections have been created by another app and doesn’t work.

Any info on how do I cleanup a collection that’s in such state?

Strange one.
I’ve updated over CLI on my non-licensed main device with no glitch @all.
On my licensed XA2+ update over GUI went smoothly too.
As someone already sail - what an update!
The whole experience is now even snappier! On both devices!
10x Jolla for giving me freedom!

P.S. Saving videos worx too @least 4 me.
edit:
P.S.2 VoLTE on the X10ii worx fine too.

Thank you! That did the trick :slight_smile:

But should it be so that the notification is not dismissable…?
…Just for Jolla to consider…I’m not sure how it should be…

I’ve a similar (same?) problem here. secrets-tool --list-collections ...sqlcipher shows the collection I created earlier but neither --list-keys nor --delete-collection work. Error message is always

Error: Sailfish::Crypto::Result::ErrorCode(StorageError) "SQLCipher plugin was unable to open the collection database"
  • 10 III, X and Aqua Fish (without the dead battery!): no problems

• XA2 (my main phone until Elisa shuts down 3G sometime this year): no problems (reboot stuck at 100 %, fixed by Vol Up + Power) - it’s a feature, not a bug

• 10 II: after reboot “Installation failed, please reboot”, after unlock code screen turned off. After “nmap -sP 192.168.0.0/24” on a RasPi, ssh, ssu re 4.5.0.16 and version --dup - pretty basic stuff.

Findings so far:

• the Chum version of sailfishos-chum-gui-installer installs Chum GUI (that was fast, thanks guys!)

• the 64-bit Deadbeef Silica was removed. Installation fails due to missing and unavailable libsndfile.so.1 (it is in /usr/lib64; I didn’t bother dropping symlinks to every lib directory, instead I downloaded the Deadbeef files from Openrepos and installed with rpm --nodeps -i deadbeef*)

• on the XA2 my launcher is now 10 pages long because of broken folders

• the worst brain fart so far is moving the 400 Android desktop files to ~/.local/share/applications where all my custom launchers (root mode file-browser, kill and restart phonehook-daemon blah-blah-blah) are: if the launchers can be parsed from two locations, they can be parsed from three or more locations, so there’s no excuse to use an existing location (like, if you come visit me, you don’t use my bathtub as a toilet)

• another brain fart is changing the Android launcher icons without asking first: Android apps behave differently so they should look different, like “This product contains artificial sweeteners and may have a laxative effect.” (Imagine rye bread made with artificial sweeteners - an enduring image.)

To sum up it’s like a wonderful pizza with all my favorite toppings baked to perfection - and then someone did me a favor and added prawns and olives (my first version had Tex-Mex and guacamole).

1 Like

An Early Access update will only appear on the devices of users who have registered themselves to the Early Access service (at account.jolla.com). “Newcomers” won’t see them. No notifications about the update will arrive on the phones of non-registered users.

1 Like

This:

2 Likes

Sometimes I cannot turn on the bluetooth, restart bluetooth nil help, reboot to make it work again

1 Like

The installation on XperiaX worked without harms. After installation I have not been able to get the hotspot working. The phone buttons indicate everything to be ok but neither Android device nor Windows device is detecting the hotspot. I’ll continue testing later with my Ubuntu laptop.

Xperia 10: update got stuck at 100%

had force reboot.

booted successfully !

ah, forgot to mentioned: it complaid about chum gui. Did ignore that message