SFOS 4.5 feedback thread

It’s 8 mb in size and is more of a fix than an update, an addendum to 4.5.0.19 from 4.5.0.18.

For me with an Xperia 10 II, I was having trouble with Android Support not starting or it was started but Android apps would not start, or would take 5 or 6 attempts to start. This update seems to have fixed this problem.

2 Likes

Thanks for info, didn’t know that 4.5.0.19 is out now. At this moment I’m updating my Xperia 10 and will report what happens.
Phone reports that CLAT is now implemented and this will enable IPv6 network compatibility.

After the update and 1st reboot, phone crashed. After the 2nd reboot it seems to work
Network, browser and others seem to be faster now.

Thank you Jolla!

edit: Q: What can a ‘normal user’ now do with the new CLAT, or is this only in the background? Can a ‘more interested user’ (like me) do or tweak something with it?

edit: Updated my other X10, that is the internet gateway for the house: Update went fine with the usual things as everytime,
The Internet connection is much faster now regarding response time on clicks or other actions, while download speed of larger files is the same as it was before.
A big gain in usability!

Update went well without issues. Wifi hotspot and internet comnection sharing is now working on my Xperia10III. Thank you very mich for implementing CLAT!

1 Like

Hi,
XA2 Dual and XA2 Single, 4.5.0.19, flashed.

Very happy user here! :yum:

This release is working very well for me. I wouldn’t say “perfectly”, but it is perfect for my daily use.
Glitches, IMHO minor:
From time to time, rarely, the browser crashes.
Also very rarely, an SMS is not sent (that was somewhere in 4.5 other releases. 19 is too new to pronounce myself)
However, I cannot tell about Android Support, as I very rarely use it and generally only to fiddle or make some tests.
Edit: I am using Bluetooth for speakers only. Works well.

If you are using a secondary user, and only in this case, I’d be more careful, as all user data are sometimes (rarely, perhaps once every 3 month) totally deleted.

So, I’d say: go ahead!
In any cases, upgrade or not, I still would recommend you to have a fresh and useable backup.

1 Like

It is in the background. The user cannot do anything but use the mobile data.

2 Likes

About 64-bits Deadbeef: try to install last version from Storeman

3 Likes

Non of this from a month ago on XA2 was fixed! I did though go for 4.5.0.19 hoping for improvement and was terrified after the update as XA2 lost the ability to make phone call. Restarting fixed this issue in my case.

Every update of Sailfish OS is cutting back features and now we are lacking basic functionality that we had almost 20 years ago with Nokia N95, not to mention Nokia N9 which is the grand, grand, grand parent of nowadays Sailfish OS. Thats the reason I keep my Android Xperia 10 III in the drawer hoping for a better days to come!

1 Like

Oh, a version that “works”. ty

1 Like

Share menu seems to break with AlienDalvik when removing certain applications. Share menu still shows item if the app is uninstalled. Seems to occur for Instagram as well as Pixiv. Entries still show on Sailfish’s share function despite them not being installed.

1 Like

Thank you very much @carmenfdezb for the new version and for caring about this wonderful app!!

Is there also a new version for 32 bit Xperia 10 for the new SFOS 4.5.0.19?

On the Volla I could successfully install the new version 0.10 and it works like a charm, but the Volla is still on SFOS 4.4.0.72 because 4.5.0.19 not yet available.

1 Like

You’re welcome, @Seven.of.nine! All merits are for kravich, he did a hard work to implement deadbeef for SailfishOS and I only build it for aarch64.

I contacted to him some time ago and I volunteered to update Deadbeef with all improvements that he had added but I get no answer. At this point, and because the users couldn’t use this app on sfos 4.5, I decided to release the new version for x64 on openrepos.

I could update deadbeef for all architectures on openrepos but maybe, this app should be added to chum repositories, this would allow us to get this app for all architectures and for every update of sailfish.

2 Likes

I have logged a couple of bugs that I do not believe have been addressed. Although there was a complicated workaround posted for the persistent settings issue (somewhere on this forum), the timeout issue while loading large directories is a continuing irritation.

Thanks for the aarch64 build, it is appreciated

Chum would seem the way to go moving forward.

2 Likes

Sandboxing is disabled, so you won’t have any problems with settings now.

2 Likes

Hi,

just a short feedback. Since Sailfish 4.5 I have constantly the problem that my Sony Xperia XA2 dual sim says “no sim card inserted”. I have to restart the phone to use it again. This is very annoying because in the past there wasn´t such a problem. Sorry but I have no log files etc. because Iḿ a normal user. There is no special situation were it happend. But it happens since 4.5. And it happens very often.

Hi @Seven.of.nine! The 0.10 version for 32 bit is already released on openrepos :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much @carmenfdezb , installed on Xperia 10 and works like a charm! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

i fixed my notifications bug, it was on my end.

the other five regressions previously reported (android-app-sdcard, media-scanner-cpu-100, element-crashes, cannot-send-mms, cannot-bluetooth) remain.

AND i have another regression to report. mcetool --set-exception-length-usb-connect=0 is no longer respected! (nor mcetool --set-exception-length-charger=0)
on sfos=4.4.0.58, it works fine, and the screen stays off when i plug in the charger.
on sfos=4.5.0.19, there seems to be an enforced minimum of 3000msec.

Had a look at the new Calendar right now. The new 3 viewing modes (month, week, day) are really beautiful! Thank you Jolla!

4 Likes

Just to make sure - For those who report problems with MMS:

I had problems with MMS not working properly. I then discovered that there is a setting regulating the maximum size of messages in the Settings - Apps - Messaging (or whatever it’s called in English). Although I just send pictures taken with the phone’s camera, (which, in previous versions, at least, is scaled down to a reduced resolution), increasing this setting solved my problems. So if you, like me at the outset, is not aware of this setting at all or have it set to a low value, test it out by increasing the accepted message size.

(MMS problems may be due to so many factors. The previous time I installed SF on a new phone and encountered MMS problems, it finally turned out to be caused by the phone’s SIM card being a twin card, and my carrier don’t forward MMS to those, only to main SIMs … )

2 Likes