SFOS 4.5 feedback thread

After Upgrading to 4.5
OKBoard had broken copy/paste functionality
I uninstalled OKBoard and then there was no keyboard at all!

Apps positioning in the appgrid was messed up

MicroG doesn’t seem to work, I have reinstalled it MicroG Core, MicroG framework AND FakeStore
I made sure all the checkboxes are ticked but Uber still says Google Play is missing!
If I can’t fix the MicroG/Uber Breakage I will have to wipe my phone and start again with Sailfish 4.4

So, so far the upgrade to 4.5 hasn’t worked

There is an update for OKBoard which fixes the copy/paste function. Restart your phone or use the Sailfish OS Utility to see your keyboard back.

Update the fakestore from F-Droid and install the latest version, not the suggested one.

1 Like

@pherjung thanks for your reply

I managed to use Storeman to get the latest OKBoard working
Using F-Droid I installed FakeStore (it said it was last updated 2 years ago) - I copied the repo and fingerprint from the MicroG website into F-Droid this afternoon
So Uber is still Not working

Yes, for me too. Also GPS not working correctly yet :frowning:

@Valorsoguerriero97 GPS works for me, on Xperia 10 III
What issues are you having apart from GPS?

Look here for right FakeStore version:

It’s working well for me on my 10ii. I also installed Google play services for the first time and that is working also.

@kaari the version of FakeStore I installed through -Droid was quite old, the version linked to in the post you provided seems to have worked.

So Sailfish 4.5 can support MicroG

Yes it can. My banking application works fine on 10ii. No nagging about missing Google layers.

2 Likes

Well, I use GPS a lot and had difficulties locating my position both with Jolla’s browser that doesn’t find GPS with google maps, then I’ve tried openmapps from chum still not working, only Petal Maps by Huawei works 0_p

PosteID in Italy unfortunately still not working on 4.5 :frowning:

It’s working for me. Xperia 10 II with MicroG.

just small update.

• after help from “rinigus” pure maps are working, it was not related to 4.0.15-18 update. Anyway big step forward
  • problem with bluetooth appears after every restart. What helps is “Settings → Utilities → Bluetooth restart”

I have updated the gemini and xperia 10 II to 4.5.0.18. Gemini was flashed freshly and xperia 10 II was an OTA update.
Xperia 10 II worsened its battery life compared to 4.4. It doesn’t last a day. If I unplug it before going to sleep charged to 90%, I got 30% in the morning with no usage at all. In the htop I can see the process zygote64 showing up in intervals with 80-90% cpu consumption. It is clearly related to appsupport but does not go away when I shut it down it from settings.
Another thing about xperia 10 II is the cellular data. When I go to airplane mode and come back from it, data connection is broken. Restarting mobile connections/lipstick from settings/utilities or connman specifically does not help, only full reboot fixes the issue. Can someone confirm this behavior on their 10II?
In the case of the gemini the only thing I noticed, is no battery threshold feature. Is it correct, because it was not mentioned anywhere that gemini is excluded from it?

The volla ports (tested Volla22/GS5) also do not have the threshold feature.

A problem I’ve been experiencing since upgrading to 4.5 is that the native sailfish browser no longer redirects bankid URLs to the BankID android app which it used to do. I’m guessing the URL scheme somehow got deregistered when updating. It does however work using the Firefox android app.

I’d be interested to know if other swedish sailfish users have the same issue.

I’ve not tried removing and re-installing BankID as it’s a hassle to setup.

Seems like a browser problem… I can xdg-open the bankid-link from terminal and the app will launch. It does not let me log in, but perhaps because it is too slow to do this.

Hi, I am sorry, maybe I just cant find the right answer by my mistake, but I have serious problem. After OTA update (it wasnt early release) my Xperia 10 II dont start properly.

Every time I try to start the OS, my journey ends here. When I enter my security code, I see only black… with no reaction on my fingers. I can only hold button to turn off phone.

I think I saw a message that updating OS wasnt succesfull. Is there any possibility to repair OS without loosing all data?

Thanks for potential help.

2 Likes

Do you have developer mode + remote connection on in Settings/developer options, and set an SFTP password before? in this case you can access your data from computer and save it there. After saving your data you can try to fix the OS by CLI from computer (ssh session).

Yes, I have developer mode enabled, but I am afraid, that I dont have remote connection (and SFTP password). Also I am not so experienced, I dont know how to fix the OS by CLI…

1 Like