SFOS 4.5 feedback thread

I can now confirm that Microsoft Exchange accounts works after initial setting up, but stops working after reboot. Anyone know how the wipe this Exchange stuff clean and maybe then adding the account back will stay working?

1 Like

I had lots of orientation lock when using android app, but that issue seems to have disappeared after a few reboots… Not sure I should be relieved or frightened :s

However, it seems that GPS is worse than ever on my A2, before I could at least edit /etc/gps.conf to set it up to google AGPS server (why the default is still this sonyericsson server that seems to be dead?) and manually turn the phone around to fix compass… But now the phone starts with a position 300km away from my real position and does not catch up a lot of time…

another 4.5 regression. i can no longer send MMS. receiving works just fine (and retry works again now!), but the exact same settings for 4.4 that worked no longer work on 4.5. reflashed 4.4 and it works (but not retry).

ANOTHER horrible regression, that seems like maybe a deliberate, unannounced change:

if i receive a text and do not clear the notification, i will not receive ANY MORE SOUND/UNLOCK ALERTS from text messages until i clear the notification. even if HOURS pass, i will only ever get one text sound, period. restarting ngfd does not help, ONLY clearing the notification makes it work.

this makes the ngfd bug MUCH worse, because simply restarting ngfd occasionally will not cause me to get alerts for future events, unless i clear my notifications first (which is also awful)

oh god, maybe it WAS a deliberate change.
Notifications are re-issued less often (e.g. Signal Background connection)

…DIFFERENT messages are not ‘notifications being re-issued’. this has got to be an accidental regression, yea?

change it back change it back change it back change it back change it back change it back change it back change it back change it back change it back change it back change it back change it back change it back change it back change it back change it back change it back change it back change it back change it back change it back change it back change it back change it back change it back change it back change it back change it back change it back change it back change it back

1 Like

I’m not sure if it is actually a regression. I had this same issue (albeit for calls) a few OS releases ago. Then it somehow got fixed by itself.

1 Like

ooh, interesting. this sounds like the same bug (of course, its ALL the notification noisy-events that dont repeat, including SOUND, and the temporary screen-unlock, and of course the LED change, for me. i dont know if there is a sound for a missed call notification)

also, i discovered that i dont get the charging notification sound if i have a text-notification i have not cleared, so this is definitely a bug.

I’m sorry to say the update (4.5.0.18, 10 III) didn’t fix the issue with the news article I shared in the previous post. I closed all apps and Android Support, but the browser crashes every time I open the link. With a bit of patience I’m able to watch the first tab of that article, but when I tap to change the tab, the browser crashes again. When I try to re-open the browser, it crashes again, at least most of the time.

I tried to tweak the values in /sys/module/lowmemoykiller/parameters/minfree by using two or three times smaller values compared to default, but that led to even faster crashing of the browser.

Even though the problem seems to persist, I’m still pleased that you were able to publish an update in such a short period of time!

4.5.0.18 fixed audio on sverigesradio.se

Not sure if this is a regression. With 4.4, I had the impression, under certain conditions, another SMS from the same person didn’t trigger audible notification. If I remember correctly, I saw the graphical notification on the screen, didn’t touch the phone, went away, and later on was suprised that there were more SMSs, which I didn’t notice. I had this “feeling” several times, But I didn’t hunt it down to make a bug report.
Another thing to verify: If and SMS comes in when the graphical notification is still visible, is there an audible notification? Volume of “display on” or of “display off”???

it is a regression. OF COURSE multiple texts from the same person have always made noise each time, it would be INSANE not to. no phone or mobile os on earth, not to mention no IM app ive ever seen, ignores a message hours later simply because it received a msg from the same person once upon a time

i flashed 4.5.0.16 and 4.4.0.72, back and forth twice to make sure it works.

4.4: sound+unlock+banner on EVERY text
4.5: no sound, no unlock, no banner, no led, nothing except the notification list getting a new entry, for all except the first

I have this problem too, but with the new Office365 account type. There seems no way to fix it other than delete the accounts and set them up again from scratch after every reboot.

1 Like

The beef of the 4.5.0.18 hotfix was ffmpeg 5.0 backporting. That fixed plenty of pages reporting missing video codec.

Did try many different user-agents for the mtvuutiset.fi but didn’t find better one. This is something that we usually check first. Other plausible cause could be that our preferences are too strict and cookies are rejected right away.

Here is a forum bug for mtvuutiset.fi

This is not correct. Each and every SMS, even from the same number makes the receiving Sailfish phone (with 4.5.0) show a notification banner for 4-5 seconds at the top of the display and play the messages sound. If to message should arrive between an interval of one second, then the 2nd banner (and sound) are played as soon as the 1st one has elapsed.

2 Likes

I ran the 4.5 update yesterday evening, upon the reboot I noticed the android apps were not there yet, so as per instructions I just let the phone rest. Today the apps are still not present. I don’t know what appsupport is but out of curiosity I ran:

'[defaultuser@Xperia10III ~]$ appsupport-info
aliendalvik doesn’t exist

Jolla store says Android support is installed. How can I fix this please? I suppose the new 4.5.0.18 won’t help me, will it? I have not yet restarted my 10 III.

Did you start (Android) App-Support (aka Alien Dalvik)? Maybe you need to do this once manually from the settings menu

You might trying to re-install it from the Jolla store (although this should not be needed)

You are right, that fixed it! I usually start it by launching a now missing application…

Great! I vaguely recalled that I needed to do the same.

Maybe there should be a general hint at a prominent place form Jolla’s side …

@teleshoes Breath! Remember breathing!

2 Likes

I can confirm that for my 10 III, 4.5.0.18, Vodafone DE

1 Like