SFOS 4.5 feedback thread

Just checking, now have you tried restarting Bluetooth service from Sailfish Utilities, like 2-3 times?

Element on my 10mk3 works. I have it installed from AuroraStore.

Is there any indication that the version published on the aurora store is older - explaining why it is failing when sourced from fdroid/aptoide?

F-droid has Element 1.5.18 and Aurora Store has 1.5.22. F-droid has updated the app Jan 11th, just over a month ago, so I’d hardly call that outdated…

1 Like

We have found the reason for this issue. The fix was prepared and is being tested. There is a plan to publish a hotfix.

7 Likes

I like the idea of hot-fixes. Maybe you can do the same with CLAT (Testing CLAT for IPv6-only mobile networks) once it’s finally tested?

so is this looking like a problem that has already been fixed? i.e. we’re just waiting for fdroid/aptoide to update the published version?

none of these versions of element (im.vector.app) works for me: 1.5.18, 1.5.22, 1.4.20.
all 3 work on SFOS 4.4 on my 10III.

the difference may be whether you have a google play services framework or not (opengapps/etc); i do not.

1 Like

Mebay check with the appsupport logcat what would be wrong can be it uses also the /data/0/ path same as my bank app do…

For those with the Xperia 10 III like me, I really think this phone works best with a wipe and a clean install. Normally I upgrade, but I feel like there has been enough tweaks and changes under the hood where going through the trouble of a do over is worthwhile.

For reference, I’m from the US and I use T-Mobile.

My GPS works great and hasn’t goofed up on me yet. I have “GPS positioning” enabled after turning on “custom settings” under location in settings. Previously I had “high-accuracy positioning” enabled and for some reason, it was buggy as all get out.

For my cellular network settings, please consider the following settings if you’re on T-Mobile in the USA:

DATA ACCESS POINT >>
Connection Name: T-Mobile
Access Point Name: epc.tmobile.com
Protocol: IPv6
Authentication: None

MMS ACCESS POINT >>
Connection Name: T-Mobile MMS
Access Point Name: epc.tmobile.com
Protocol: IPv6
Authentication: None
Leave proxy address and port fields blank
MMS message center:
http://10.188.239.145/mms/wapenc

After all this configuration, phone calls are rock solid, cellular data works like a charm, and regular SMS is flawless. MMS however only appears to work in one direction, receiving MMS. I’m unable to send MMS on Sailfish OS for whatever reason. If anyone here happens to know why that’s the case, I’m happy to make adjustments to my configuration. That being said, this is probably as good as it’s going to get for me.

1 Like

I got mms working on T-Mobile (Denver CO) my settings differ somewhat:
Access point: fast.t-mobile.com
Message center: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
Besides that it’s the same.

The video playback was fixed to the OS release 4.5.0.18.

3 Likes

Any fixed done on Android Appsupport ? I dont think so but i’m not shure …

Nothing changed on Android app support side, according to changelog.

Indeed Matti, i have take a look also on it but was not shure :wink:

I can now confirm that Microsoft Exchange accounts works after initial setting up, but stops working after reboot. Anyone know how the wipe this Exchange stuff clean and maybe then adding the account back will stay working?

1 Like

I had lots of orientation lock when using android app, but that issue seems to have disappeared after a few reboots… Not sure I should be relieved or frightened :s

However, it seems that GPS is worse than ever on my A2, before I could at least edit /etc/gps.conf to set it up to google AGPS server (why the default is still this sonyericsson server that seems to be dead?) and manually turn the phone around to fix compass… But now the phone starts with a position 300km away from my real position and does not catch up a lot of time…

another 4.5 regression. i can no longer send MMS. receiving works just fine (and retry works again now!), but the exact same settings for 4.4 that worked no longer work on 4.5. reflashed 4.4 and it works (but not retry).

ANOTHER horrible regression, that seems like maybe a deliberate, unannounced change:

if i receive a text and do not clear the notification, i will not receive ANY MORE SOUND/UNLOCK ALERTS from text messages until i clear the notification. even if HOURS pass, i will only ever get one text sound, period. restarting ngfd does not help, ONLY clearing the notification makes it work.

this makes the ngfd bug MUCH worse, because simply restarting ngfd occasionally will not cause me to get alerts for future events, unless i clear my notifications first (which is also awful)

oh god, maybe it WAS a deliberate change.
Notifications are re-issued less often (e.g. Signal Background connection)

…DIFFERENT messages are not ‘notifications being re-issued’. this has got to be an accidental regression, yea?

change it back change it back change it back change it back change it back change it back change it back change it back change it back change it back change it back change it back change it back change it back change it back change it back change it back change it back change it back change it back change it back change it back change it back change it back change it back change it back change it back change it back change it back change it back change it back change it back

1 Like