SFOS 4.5 feedback thread

Same here. People not experiencing problems seldom write about it.

1 Like

Just to be sure I understood you right: what you are saying is that the echo cancellation bug will definitely be fixed in a 4.5 hotfix or a 4.6 release?

2 Likes

That is quite interesting, as I have an Xperia 10 III here which has a SIM of Wetell (which cooperates with Tele2 which uses the Vodafone Germany network) and hotspot works OK.

I did not say “definitely”. We are working on it. There is some hope now. If we are able to create something that alleviates or solves the problem we’ll deliver it on 4.6.0 at the latest.

11 Likes

Definitely or not, that sounds good :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @jovirkku,
For video playback I have also started

I also still have the Xperia 10 with 4.5.0.16 installed still available to debug.
Since it is not my primary device, I can help with anything (shipping, ssh-ing, but local commands should be sufficient).

Better to make a separate reply:
Following on from my earlier post re the upgrade going smoothly, alas I still can’t send MMS using Vodafone Australia. Just stuck on sending. Have turned off WiFi, switched to 3G, rebooted.

1 Like

Problem with echo during calls i spresent on older devices too (here Xperia X port on X Compact), it also makes loudspeaker almost unusable. Is there any chance to enable pulseaudio echo-cancellation module?
It would be handy to have proper sound mixer in sound settings (volume controls for each input and output channel and present devices).This way it’d be possible for everyone to find a balance where calls are audible and loud enough but not cause eche or other distortions.

Confirm, internet sharing doesn’t work here (Xperia X Compact) too. Hotspot icon shows it’s enabled, I’ve got proper symbols on status bar, but none of my devices (laptop, JP1 and another Xperia X Compact) can detect new WiFi network. Double checked with WiFi analyzer on JP1.

1 Like

4.6. That’s only a year from now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello everybody,

android app support restart itself in a loop.
I uninstalled it via jolla store. Rebooted
Reinstalled it via jolla store. Rebooted
But the problem persists :confused:
Any idea, should I open a specific thread ?

I’ve disabled background connection in the signal app settings but still get the notification when Signal is running.

1 Like

There are various notifications from Signal. What is the content of your notification?

Background connection activated

I have noticed that android support restarts very often since the upgrade (XA2Plus Dual Sim).

2 Likes

The 64 to 68 was a minor update. Downgrading may work in such a case.

However, 4.5.0 is a stop release, i.e. it contains major changes for the upcoming releases. If one downgrades 4.5.0 back to 4.4.0, the chances to mess up the phone fully are good.

The better way to “downgrade” is to re-install (flash) the 4.4.0 to the phone.

Thanks for reporting.

3 Likes

I also never got the feedback, that my voice is echoed during call and even tried it with a landline phone for myself. I read here that @vige had at least a temporary “magical fix” after using a bluetooth headset. Using a bluetooth headset for a test call was therefor one of the first things I did with my brand new flashed Xperia 10 III so I don’t know if it had the echo issue before.

@jovirkku What shall I do when all my Android icons are gone after the 4.4.0.72 → 4.5.0.16 update? My appsupport-root folder is empty. The home/.Android/data folder is empty. My Settings->Android App Support does not work (status is always only ‘starting’ after the boot procedure). Can you recommend some activities (maybe out of your referred doc ‘Removing Android App Support’)?

Hi,
I’d like to report a bug introduced with 4.5. I have a sim from Orange PL with Xperia 10III. There is a problem with mobile data when network <4G. When network goes down to 3G or 3.5G (the latter started to appear after upgrade) there is no internet neither in native apps nor in android.
Seems like update to support 3.5G breaks internet.
I did an experiment, pinging 1.1.1.1 in 4G. after network downgraded, pings worked for some time then stopped. I was moving in the city center and 4G appeared only after I disabled automatic network selection in mobile network options and manually selected Orange. Sometimes it upgrades automatically but after some significant amount of time.
Needless to say, it is extremally annoying not having internet, when I was really in the need… Seems like show stopper from my perspective with SFOS as daily driver.

3 Likes