6 Likes

Happy new year to all Sailors.

1 Like

Oops maybe It’s a leak news😂 haha
Yeah it’s Jan, let get to the hype train

1 Like

Where is it?

2 Likes

They wrote that “We aim for”. For me is that they’ll be doing what they can to do this but it’s not like mandatory. It seems they did found out something during the tests maybe, who knows.
I’d like to see this release also but I’d suggest to stay calm and wait :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Better later and less bugs than earlier and more bugs.

4 Likes

Better is the enemy of good.

3 Likes

Has the translation round started yet, at least? I have seen no announcement in that direction. If no then we should be still several weeks away from a release.

1 Like

Yes, it has first round closed at Jan 22nd.

2 Likes

The dirtiest fix survives the longest time

3 Likes

SailfishOS v4.5.0.16 EA has been released: [Release notes] Struven ketju 4.5.0.16

4 Likes

It’s not available for my Xperia XA2, while it is for my Xperia 10 III.

I also can’t download it on my Xperia 10 II.
I have checked the beta is enabled in my jolla account.
I have tried to remove it reboot, add it again reboot but no luck so far.

Does anyone here with a Xperia 10 II was able to download the beta ?

Look like it’s fixed !

1 Like

It was worth waiting! Thanks a lot to all the people that were involved in the new release !!!
Sail on and on and on and on and …

Did already install on my Xperia 10 II and yet only have problems, that icons are no more located in their folders…

1 Like

Nothing on ofono changes to accomodate the many and varied mobile data problems 10iii users have experienced?

The update seems done but the screen is stuck at the Sailfish logo with the full progress bar…

1 Like

i believe that is quite common on sailfish upgrades. certainly happened to me a few times. restarting anyway seemed to have no adverse effects.

Power+VolUp did the trick. Phone is booted and seems to work as normal on 4.5

The update on 10 III and XA2+ went smoothly. Dark mode in search engine Qwant works now. The colours of the screen and of websites seem brighter. Generally snappier reactions. Calendar has more functions, also nice. All the icons now have a Sailfish shape, also the ones from FDroid. I checked the calling function and that was a disappointment. The other still hears echoing during a call. With speaker on this is gone. I wished Jolla had checked this before they decided to adapt Sailfish to the 10 III.

1 Like