SF requires me to empty clip board?

Whenever I’m about to enter text in any application on my Xp 10 II DS running SFOS 4.5.0.18, during the last days I get a pop-up that tells me to empty the clip board. (That pop-up covers the first part of text entry field on i.a. SMS app so I cant see what I start typing.)

The first day it was also displayed a band besides the clip-board icon which showed the latest entries to the clip board. It seemed to be a delete-“x” besides the entries, but trying to click any of those didn’t seem to have any effect. The last few days no such band has been displayed, but the pop-up remains.

I’ve never seen that message before, and I haven’t a clue as to what I shall do to remedy it. Hope anybody can help.

(That list of clip-board entries also made me wonder if there is some hidden feature that makes it possible to pick up again previous clip-board entries, that during 10 years of having SF as my daily driver has evaded my consciousness … ?)

EDIT:
The clip board also now doesn’t seem to work, anymore. So perhaps there is some sort of file/buffer that has reached its limit, since the message appears.
Short or long clicks on the pop-up have no effect

I think usually the clipboard does not work that way, but there is a patch to achieve this. Might you happen to have that installed? (I forgot the name unfortunately)

1 Like

Bent/broken screen causing a ghost long-press in that exact spot?

1 Like

Is it this one? Project: paste-stored-strings

indeed - sounds a lot like the bug description before it stopped working entirely

The 4.5.0.18 version I’m currently running is the unpaid one without word-suggestions.

@attah: Yes, fairly recently the screen was broken, but at the top in portrait format. This could possibly make a problem along the line you indicate in landscape format, but I doubt it could have any influence in portrait format where the problem also occurs.

It is still a more likely reason than that the software broke itself.

But what kind of mechanism in SFOS do you think is activated that asks me to empty the clip board – (I have no idea how that should be done) – and which shows earlier clip board entries?

A long-press.

What? Pictures!

OK, thanks, so that really IS, then, a feature I’ve missed during ten years of SFOS usage …

As I stated in OP:
The first day it was also displayed a band besides the clip-board icon which showed the latest entries to the clip board. It seemed to be a delete-“x” besides the entries, but trying to click any of those didn’t seem to have any effect.

This happened a couple of times the first times that the (then unknown to me) pop-up appeared, but I regrettably hadn’t my wits about me to take a picture of the band because I was mainly focused on the pop-up that blocked the view of the text entry field …

The only reasonable explanation for a list of old entries is that you have the above-mentioned patch installed.
So, well, do you?

I’ve only made an ordinary install of SFOS 4.5.0.18, which have never been updated, and made a few app installations from Store. Nothing besides that.