September 27-30 - Sailathon 24 in Prague

Dito, though time of arrival on Friday is undetermined ATM.

The sailathon has now reached sponsoring to the tune of 290 Euro! Thank you!

2 Likes

If anything is preventing participants to join the matrix channel do let me know (or pherjung or sebix).

Is it the harbour-hydrogen ESR91 bug, for instance? :wink:

Welp, looks like I’m out, my train to Prague won’t even cross the border, ffffffffu…

WTF, what happened? Where are you?

Info for today - we start at 10 AM, here. When the entrance will be closed, call me +420728987759 . WiFi name “Sailfish-OS”, password “Hackathon2024”.

Dinner is reserved in at 20:00 at Black Dog restaurant for name “Karas”.

Polish trains stop some 100km from the border and blame czech trains for not running any further, bummer, no alternatives like bus transport offered, absurd

Hey, guys. Don’t leave us hanging. What’s the vibe there?

Vibe is great :slight_smile: Everyone is hacking, discussing and having fun here. There will be some detailed reports I believe.

38 Likes

So cool, enjoy and have fun, great to see a bunch of people coming from diffetent backgrounds and being productive with good vibes, driven by passion for Sailfish, my preferred current mobile OS.
Best wishes

5 Likes

A big thanks to all the donors! We were able to cover two lunches for all participants :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Nice to see some of the faces of our fantastic developers! As I don’t know whose face belongs to whom, but counting 14 persons on the pic, it looks like szopin has as well found its way.

It’s a pleasure to hear, you have good talks and fun with hacking together and of course that our donations enabled you two meals. Well deserved my friends and unfortunately the least we, or at least I can contribute (besides helping to translate some of your great apps).

6 Likes

It seems that no C2 arrived to the event. Or is everyone hiding it? :nerd_face:

No, no C2s were delivered.

Nope, it was either 650+ euro airplane ticket or multiple bus journeys and would arrive only on Saturday, would need to start my journey back on Sunday to reach home by Tuesday, maybe next year

Sorry to hear that! But next time for sure.
Anyway, I’m a little bit relieved, that it’s not only the German trains which are making trouble. :innocent:

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

7 Likes

It looks like the problem was with connections through Poland and ‘possibly’ flooding issues. From Germany (Berlin-Bad Schandau-etc) it was no issue.

It was great fun and we managed to do this and than and learn this and that, but I failed to get out of my rabbit hole and fix the one bug that really bothered me. Sigh. Next week!

Thanks for all the community support, it really sweetened and already sweet deal!

5 Likes

I’ve summarized my thoughts in a blog post. It was a great event, and I’m happy I attended.

11 Likes