[SDK 3.2.10]Ocassional rpm build failure

Ahoi Sailors!

Sometimes I got the following failure when building RPM with the latest SDK:

+ /usr/lib/rpm/find-debuginfo.sh -j4 --strict-build-id --build-id-seed 1.2-1 --unique-debug-suffix -1.2-1.arm --unique-debug-src-base vcardserializer-1.2-1.arm -S debugsourcefiles.list /home/mm/Projektek/jolla/harbour-sms-share-plugin/vcardserializer/
extracting debug info from /home/deploy/installroot/usr/lib/qt5/qml/hu/mm/vCardSerializer/libvCardSerializer.so
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.kVbFyA (%install)

RPM build errors:
    Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.kVbFyA (%install)

Are there any hints what should I do in these cases? Sometimes restarting the build VM and the Creator and doing a rebuild solves the problem.

2 Likes

Agreed, although the errors I get are not the same as yours. It almost seems like SDK needs time to warm up. After 2 or 3 attempts it finally builds. I kind of expect troubles, as the current release is early access.

Man this is not an ICE it is a computer which should be deterministic :wink:

You said it yourself:

But I find myself more and more often analyzing strange one-time occurences or weird behaviour than years ago.
And yes those hiccups should have been deterministic but …

This is a bug in SDK 3.2.

You can fix your build engine with the following steps:

1. Open a build engine shell

sfdk engine exec

2. Under the build engine shell run

sudo sed -i -e 's/allow_other/&,direct_io/' /lib/systemd/system/*-dynexec*.service

3. Exit the build engine shell and stop the build engine. Changes will take effect next time it is started.

sfdk engine stop

1 Like