Screen won't go into landscape mode when using map apps even though other apps are ok like email etc

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): All the time
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): latest build 3.4.0.24
HARDWARE (Jolla1, Tablet, XA2,…): Sony Xperia 10 Plus Dual SIM
UI LANGUAGE: Sailfish OS 3.4
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): Not sure - only tested on this version after upgrading from 3.3…

DESCRIPTION:

When using map apps like HERE WeGo or Waze trying to get the map to display in landscape is not working most of the time when the mobile is switched from portrait to landscape. I checked the page.qml file and there were no instances of “return allowed” as per an older workaround from 2018.

So what is causing the issue then - I have tried different options in the display - orientation to no avail.

Also tried rebooting etc.

PRECONDITIONS:

So the mobile display - orientation - is set to dynamic

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Open Waze or HERE WeGo app
  2. Switch mobile to landscape orientation mode from portrait
  3. Set a route
  4. Stuck in portrait mode
  5. Try switching orientation to landscape in settings

EXPECTED RESULT:

When the mobile is turned from portrait orientation to landscape orientation whether at 90 or 270 degrees the application should also switch into landscape mode.

ACTUAL RESULT:

Stuck in portrait mode for both Map apps.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc…)

Is the problem with Android apps only? There’s a bug in 3.4 and rotation is stuck with Android apps unless you restart the Android support. So you could try that.

See [3.4.0.22] Screen Rotation doesn't work in Android Apps

Yes I tried that and it worked. Thought I was going crazy. I was tempted to through the mobile away at one point then I was about to do a hard reset and chose that option and it worked. Thanks for the feedback, really useful. Think I’ll build a library and fixes to issues.

Just to clarify I used the 2nd option in the Utilities menu - Home screen. After using this option things seem to sort themselves out with Android apps like the aforementioned.

I meant Settings > Android-support > Stop and start. But if restarting home screen works that might be s bit quicker, actually.