Screen issues with Xperia 10. Hardware or O/S related?

Hi guys.
I normally don’t have a cause to come here, as things have been fine up until a few days ago.
My Xperia 10 Dual Sim has developed a problem and I’m not sure if it’s hardware related or O/S or Software related.
Just recently my screen has started acting up badly. Sometimes it won’t register swipes, touches or any other input. Whenever a notification or call comes in I can’t swipe the screen to the right, as if the screen has locked up. Also at some point a bunch of “Ghost Touches?” will happen causing things like the weather app or clock to launch automatically from the covers and when scrolling the apps drawer or menus about 3 or 4 apps will launch. I bought the phone from J-D Store a few years back.
Is there anything that can be done to establish what the problem is?

Thanks in advance.

Had the same problem some time ago. See here:

This phone works like a charm until today!

It is a hardware problem caused by the „A K1 K2” connector (left upper side in the attached image). This can be fixed with a tape over this connector and the ghost touches disappear. Also, make sure that the other end of the flat cable, that connects to the main PCB hasn’t loosened out (as @Seven.of.nine described). In any case, you’ll need to open your phone and remove the screen, tape the connector and then glue the screen back in

6 Likes

Exactly this. (20 chars)

Thanks for the replies @Seven.of.nine @MartiMasaKoegx
It all seems a feasible reason, due to one little piece of info I missed out. It seems to get worse after the phone has been in use for some time and is warm. Almost like “Chip Creep”, something PCs used to suffer from, where as the components heated and cooled the contacts on the chips and RAM sticks worked loose needing reseating.
I’ve saved the image as a referance for when I can attempt the fix and I’ll let you know if it works. :crossed_fingers: :+1:

Been a bit of a while, so I’d better post an update.
I haven’t attempted the repair as yet, but what I did do was wait until it happened again then firmly pressed the screen where those contacts are. On doing so I felt, rather than heard a couple of clicks. Since then I have not had any issues as described in my original post.
Thanks for the heads up everyone. :beer: :pizza:

1 Like